Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Firearms Dealer Online

Options
  • 01-09-2006 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭

Finally an Irish Friearms dealer has gone online and is displaying prices!! biggrin.gif

www.shoot.ie

(I'm only a customer :p)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

First the shooting clubs, then the associations, and now the dealers. Nice to see such widespread and positive change in the sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

At last, Ireland joins the modern World !!

I've been in this shop a few times, nice set up, always helpfull, very enthusiastic staff too, unlike a few we could mention on the east coast.

Well done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭scorphonic

All i'll say is....savage!!! This is great news for shooting!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭scorphonic

Ah..but other problem is that...how is ordering online possible...has anyone here done it yet???

If I want to buy a handgun, how is the order processed? Do I get a confirmation letter that I have to bring to the Gardai and then after getting the licence I get to pick up the firearm???

I have "purchased" a handgun on the site...actually I have gone through the process but without confirming it...and all it says is that the product will not be shipped until money is received....em...what about the licence!!!

Ok..I take that all back..this is what they have on the site:

Purchasing Firearms Online ?
    Quick Step by Step Guide

1. Select the firearm of your choice.
    2. Order And Pay Online Or In Store & Get Serial Number of the firearm
    3. Complete Firearms Certificate Application through Garda Authorities
    4. Receive Firearms Certificate from Garda Authorities
    5. Produce Firearms Certificate to Duffy’s Fishing & Shooting
    6. Take delivery of firearm
    7. Enjoy your new firearms and pay attention to Safety at all times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

you can post the licence up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Did not know you could buy hnadguns in Ireland - thought it was only rifles/shotguns that kind of thing. So you are telling me once I get my cert from the Garda I can buy a handgun and ammo online and keep it in my house????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Technically yes handguns are granted to people for the use of target shooting you have to be a member of a range and are only permitted to use the handgun there. They cannot be licenced to knock a few cans off your back wall or for self defence.

Theres another fairly recent thread which explains it more

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

Is there a better way to spend 4 grand? :D

untitledoc1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

scorphonic wrote:
    Ah..but other problem is that...how is ordering online possible...has anyone here done it yet???

Yes ordering online is possible, I've purchased ammo... I see .22LR and .17 ammo were added yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭greg-h

Oh all the guns I always wanted a glock 17 pitty theres no way I will get one.

• Advertisement

i just found .22wmr ammo for €3.50 cheaper than i normally pay but it will cost me €10 to get it shipped to my door :mad:

If i got 3 boxs though inc diesel and then time and taking approx 30mins off my life expectancy its worth it !! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Very small range of firearms and ammo, all seems to be in the hunting/plinking category. Not a criticism per se, but not much use for target shooters.

Before I get jumped on for being elitist, since the CJB 2006 requires you to be a member of a target shooting club to have a pistol license, why are none of the firearms dealers advertising target pistols or even the calibres that are used? Even one would be a start :confused:

try emailing them they didnt have what i wanted on the website so i emailed them and he quoted me a price and put them up on the website the next time i checked

rrpc wrote:
    not much use for target shooters
    No, but where one starts, others will follow, and crowds in the UK like edenkillie show where we might end up...

rrpc wrote:
    Very small range of firearms and ammo, all seems to be in the hunting/plinking category. Not a criticism per se, but not much use for target shooters.

Before I get jumped on for being elitist, since the CJB 2006 requires you to be a member of a target shooting club to have a pistol license, why are none of the firearms dealers advertising target pistols or even the calibres that are used? Even one would be a start :confused:

He is adding new products every week, .17, .22 ammo last week alone, it a Work In Progress

Terrier wrote:
    He is adding new products every week, .17, .22 ammo last week alone, it a Work In Progress
    That's fine, and I hope he continues to expand the range, I just get a bit worried when I see that the type of pistols being sold, have very little or no target use, and seem to be more designed to appeal to the inner cowboy in us all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I was trying to buy a clay pigeon trap and he doesnt seem to take laser!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

he should take laser or maestro or whatever it is now :(
    i think that site is being updated because he has a very limited supply of guns up and from my dealings there (savage shop) he sells way more variety..and no gunsafe online either

now to make it really good he should put up pictures and descriptions of secondhand guns he has in stock:D ...because he has a lot

Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and match ammo added yesterday!

Walther P22 (Target & Standard Pistol)
    Remington XR-100 Rangemaster
    Baikal O/U
    Lapua Super Club Ammo
    Lapua Master M Ammo

I must say the newsletter is great idea, giving you updates and whats on special offer..

Terrier wrote:
    Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and match ammo added yesterday!

Walther P22 (Target & Standard Pistol)
    The Walther P22 is not a proper target pistol, just a semi with a 6" barrel option. A friend has one, and it's very light and quite small. Sights are standard post and rail, and really not much use outside 10 yards.

Noisy little fecker too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭seamusgi4szw

rrpc wrote:
    That's fine, and I hope he continues to expand the range, I just get a bit worried when I see that the type of pistols being sold, have very little or no target use, and seem to be more designed to appeal to the inner cowboy in us all.

I'm deeply offended but you are of course nearly right.
    I shoot a H&K usp in 9mm in practical pistol and I do all right for an oul fella in senior class. WE can't all afford STI's.
    Just to let you know I.m not all cowboy, I also shoot a Hammerli 208s in bullseye. Not bad at that either. HA HA
    He's also selling TRG22's at a reasonable price, have one, I,m in love again.
    :D
    No offence.
    LOL
    Shay

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭macnas

WE can't all afford STI's.
    Seamus, apologies for not giving you a couple of shots out of my STI last Saturday but I was afraid you might drool on it.:D :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭seamusgi4szw

macnas wrote:
    Seamus, apologies for not giving you a couple of shots out of my STI last Saturday but I was afraid you might drool on it.:D :D:D

John Fitz made that mistake, he nearly got mugged but it didn't make me any faster.
    I don't need a better gun I need running shoes ???????

lol

Sparks wrote:
    No, but where one starts, others will follow, and crowds in the UK like edenkillie show where we might end up...
    Edenkillie :eek:

They don't deliver to the south AFAIK, unlike some user friendly web stores :D

(See signature!!)

Shame on you Sparks!!

Oi DL, quit advertising!

Edinkillie have always sorted me out and put up with all sorts of hassle from me!

I am not affiliated with them, they just give good service!

Sparks wrote:
    Oi DL, quit advertising!
    Just kidding, Mac at Edinkillie is one of the best guys around, I have bought many items from him myself.

The range of Otter Boxes he does is fantastic. Love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

It'll be great to see more competition in the gun trade. Going on-line is a good start.
    They moan and groan about how they don't have much of a mark-up on some things but I've yet to see a poor gunshop owner.

This is a mail I got from Midway:
    We supply Northern Ireland only. There will be a Midway Ireland opening shortly.

Kind regards,

Gavin Mair
    Midway UK Ltd
    www.midwayuk.com
    Tel: 0845 22 66 055
    Fax: 0845 22 66 033

They might shake things up a bit more - if it ever happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

[
    This is a mail I got from Midway:

Re your Midway Uk email.
    WHY BOTHER???????????Go to Midway .de and buy the stuff you need in Euros and save yourself hassle and money!
    Cant understand this in Ireland that we insist on spending a fortune in dealing with the UK and STG.When we are in a money system that allows us to buy on the Continent,in a bigger market that speaks English as well,and delivers just as quick if not quicker than anything coming from the UK and at a lower price,with a much better selection.Quite frankly there is nothing I want or need from the UK anymore that I could not buy on the net or the EU for a cheaper price.And that is not even in relation to shooting articles.

Midway Ireland???Yeah right!Sterling prices with markup/huge profit for the "thick Paddy market" In line with all major UK high street stores .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

Don't have time to check now but Midway don't have an option to ship to Ireland from any of their Euro sites - definately not the UK site.

I shop around on the net - just because things are in Euros in Germany doesn't make them cheaper :rolleyes: I've found sterling prices for some items to be excellent - saved 75 euros buying my scope mounts from the UK - SO THAT'S WHY I BOTHER WITH THE UK
    Got them in less than a week - I won't even get into how long it would have taken locally - gun dealer goes to Ardee who tells him they are in stock - but you actually end up waiting a fortnight for them to come from Sako through Ardee.
    Also got a bore guide for my T3 from the UK at a good price - but thing was that I couldn't find them here at all.

The Midway UK site is supposidly tied directly into the US site so the brits are getting screwed as are the Germans as well - the reason I would bother at all with Midway is because at least you'll see the exact price you have to pay for stuff from the US rather than taking the risk of getting caught by customs and paying up to twice as much on small items.

I'd buy the gear I want off the Taliban if I though it'd be cheaper.
    That drives me mad when people moan about the cost of sterling - no logic to it at all.

Advertisement