Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Firearms Dealer Online

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭vlmaxis

I spoke to Midway Europe, and they told me that each market has its own price structure, so when Midway Ireland kicks off it will be based on the cost of landing the products.
    The nearest country to Ireland for prices should be Finland, and their not badly priced.
    I personally see a major advantage to having an Irish Midway, first of all they stock nearly 80,000 products and that means the shooter decides what he wants, not the retailer.
    I recently purchased a trigger from Midway UK and had it sent to my sisters house in Essex and I still had it in less than 10 days, I have been asking dealers here to get it for me for the last six months, all you get is it's on it's way or the supplier is out if stock or else they give you a price to frighten the bejesus out of you, hoping you will cancel it, does this sound familiar?.
    Bring it on we need choice and change!.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Fozzydog3

how old do you have to be to get a licence and how much does it cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Fozzydog3 wrote: »
    how old do you have to be to get a licence and how much does it cost?
    • You have to be 16
    • You have to have permission from a minimum of two landowners to shoot on their lands or..
    • you must be a member of a gun/target shooting club.
    • If you do not own your own house you must have permission of the owner of the house you live in to store the firearm there.
    • You must have a minimum of a gun safe and possibly an alarm depending on the firearm(s). - Your security arrangements may be inspected by your district Crime Prevention Officer.
    • You must apply to your local Garda Station and be approved by your local Superintendent.
    • and you must pay a fee of at least €25 per annum; again depending on the firearm.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Fozzydog3

rrpc wrote: »
    • You have to be 16
    • You have to have permission from a minimum of two landowners to shoot on their lands or..
    • you must be a member of a gun/target shooting club.
    • If you do not own your own house you must have permission of the owner of the house you live in to store the firearm there.
    • You must have a minimum of a gun safe and possibly an alarm depending on the firearm(s). - Your security arrangements may be inspected by your district Crime Prevention Officer.
    • You must apply to your local Garda Station and be approved by your local Superintendent.
    • and you must pay a fee of at least €25 per annum; again depending on the firearm.
    thanks but if you dont actually own a firearm do the safe rules and gun club apply?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Fozzydog3 wrote: »
    thanks but if you dont actually own a firearm do the safe rules and gun club apply?

Assuming what you mean is that you want to get a licence on a firearm owned (and stored) by someone else, you don't need a safe obviously, but you will need land permission or club membership.

That part's needed to prove that you've a 'good reason' for getting a licence.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Originally posted by vlmaxis

all you get is it's on it's way or the supplier is out if stock or else they give you a price to frighten the bejesus out of you, hoping you will cancel it, does this sound familiar?.

Sounds way too familiar. Similar experience when waiting for holster and other accessories for Sig 9mm. Waited 7 months only to be told each time that its the manufacturer, the supplier, the shipping. When i rang the company themselves they had never been given the order. 5 days later got all the products i wanted , apology letter and some free merchandising with a new direct number for future ordering.

Why do we need these dealers. We jump through all the hoops for DOJ, Gardai, install alarms, gun safes, fill out mountains of paperwork (in triplicate)) and then get shafted with the price that is usually double or triple the price abroad.

If Midway can open a franchaise here it will have two effects; A) Dealers that have been ripping us off for years will have to amend their prices to match. B) Dealers that refuse to drop in price will fold and tbh no loss.

Before anybody eats me for saying these things about dealers i am not tarring all dealers with the one brush, but some healthy competition can only be good for us.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement