Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which league?

Options
  • 01-09-2006 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭

Lads which league are we going into - is it the one that has no offside, or the one with some form of offside?

For me 11-a-side with no offside would be pure madness and would just warp the game completely. I'd be interested to see what mad offside rule the other league has, but I'd defo prefer to play in one that has some form of offside - it gives the game some structure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Does astro.ie play a league that has an offside rule?

There is really only one reason no offside is good, simply that a lot of the refs at this level are poor and cant keep up with the play so will mess up as many offside decisions against us as they will get right in our favour.

I agree that it might warp the game slightly, but only in the sense that we need to defend deep which mightnt be such a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I played in a league in waterford that had a second line on each half of the pitch which was used as the start of the offside area. So instead of using the half wayline they used this line.

ps: enjoyed last night. Hadn't played in 2 years so first touch and fitness was rusty but looking forward to the start the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

www.astro.ie

No Offiside, defend deep.

http://www.nighthawks.ie

Offside only in last 3rd.

Our choices, i played in hawks not sure if they running this season will find out later.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Agree with Draupnir. If (as stated a while ago) we are starting off in a low level league, the standard of reff'ing will be poor. With no linesmen there is the potential for shocking decisions. I'm sure thats why astro.ie don't play offside rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

any decision on which league we're joining and when the first game is?

Mate in work has played in one for 6 seasons, think astro.ie and said it never starts on time and there's often a break between first and second game while they get things sorted, just so we know its likely.

• Advertisement
Advertisement