Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom.net email on chorus throught mozilla

Options
  • 01-09-2006 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

can it work and what are the settings

please and thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I'm not sure if your eircom email still exists after the account has been cancelled, but...

Eircom's support page says the settings are as follows (if you mean a Mozilla mail client)
    Incoming Mail Server:
    mail1.eircom.net
    Outgoing Mail Server:
    mail1.eircom.net
    Mail Server Type:
    POP3

Or, try this.

A bit more detail as to what you want in the quesiton wouldn't kill, for future reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

cheers. but that was the basic question.... should i be able to dl mail through thunderbird on chorus broadband from an eircom.net account

i have been checking all the settings alright, and they seem fine at first glance, but i dont use either eircom or thunderbird.

it gives error "an error occured with the pop3 server. mail server mail1.eircom.net responded: " and thats is, no error or anything

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

:D you try this link does not seem to work too well

pop3, port is 110, is that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

yup 110, for your incoming use eircoms: mail1.eircom.net for out going use chorus's smtp server: smtp.unison.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

or mail2.eircom.net for some

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭electro.ie

hey, I had this same issue when I changed ISP from Eircom to IBB, you can download your eircom mail no problem however you can only send mail though their website, pop mail is unavailable unless you are connected through an eircom service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

electro.ie wrote:
    hey, I had this same issue when I changed ISP from Eircom to IBB, you can download your eircom mail no problem however you can only send mail though their website, pop mail is unavailable unless you are connected through an eircom service.
    POP mail is "downloading your mail" - that's why it's called a POP server.

You can send mail with an eircom.net address as the From: address, even if you're using a different ISP. Just use your ISPs SMTP server to send the mail.

Advertisement