Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a shower installer?

Options
  • 01-09-2006 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭

Hi, need to get a new shower (unit, pump maybe also), anyone recommend any installers in the Dublin (city) area?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Any plumber can do it no?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

erm... i was looking for a recommendation (i.e. someone who did a great job and didn't mess / over charge) rather than random flick thru the golden pages to take my chances - thanks anyhow!

What I meant that any recommended plumber could do it. Lots of past posts on that. I'll be getting one fitted in a few weeks, I'll you know how I get on it, if I remember this thread that is...

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

We have decided to go for an electric shower for our new house. The house was not tiled yet so it should not present a great challenge for any decent plumber. We were thinking of the Triton S90si. It seems to be a decent one. I have come across a fitter who is supplying and fitting the 8.5kV version for 675 which seems quite expensive to me.
    How do Mira showers rate in comparison to the Triton? Can somebody recommend a decent place to get the unit and than probably negotiate with a plumber?
    T would be great if we could afford the Aqualisa but they are too expensive.

I think I saw a S90si for about 300 in Woodies. I wasn't looking too carefully, but thats around what I'd expect to pay. I was quoted about €50 to get one fitted but I reckon that was underquoting it. It would depend on how much work was required to access the pipework and make good afterwards. Ditto geting power to the unit etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Any plumber can do it no?

Be careful you don't walk into any glass doors!

I think I saw a S90si for about 300 in Woodies. I wasn't looking too carefully, but thats around what I'd expect to pay. I was quoted about €50 to get one fitted but I reckon that was underquoting it. It would depend on how much work was required to access the pipework and make good afterwards. Ditto geting power to the unit etc.

Thanks.
    Even if they charge 150€ it's cheaper than the originalprice asked by the fitter for our place.
    Just checked Woodies web site: 278€

Be careful you don't walk into any glass doors!

Yahwhosiewhatsit? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭hargo

If its an electric showere like the Triton its an electrician you need as they will do the plumbing side but the plumber is not qualified for the electrical end. Remember an electric shower is the heaviest power unit in your home.

hargo wrote:
    If its an electric showere like the Triton its an electrician you need as they will do the plumbing side but the plumber is not qualified for the electrical end. Remember an electric shower is the heaviest power unit in your home.

It does make sense. Out of curiosity, is it difficult to install an electric shower once the tiles are fitted or is it best to push with the installation before the tiles are fitted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

regedit wrote:
    We have decided to go for an electric shower for our new house. The house was not tiled yet so it should not present a great challenge for any decent plumber. We were thinking of the Triton S90si. It seems to be a decent one. I have come across a fitter who is supplying and fitting the 8.5kV version for 675 which seems quite expensive to me.
    How do Mira showers rate in comparison to the Triton? Can somebody recommend a decent place to get the unit and than probably negotiate with a plumber?
    T would be great if we could afford the Aqualisa but they are too expensive.

is the cable in because it has to come from the board and needs an isolation switch etc

thats a lot of work

ircoha wrote:
    is the cable in because it has to come from the board and needs an isolation switch etc

thats a lot of work

No, the cable is not in. Unfortunately, we were not going for the electric shower initially but we decided to do so just recently. If the unit can be bought for 300 Eu, I do not think the 370 Eu for the cable justifies the cost. This is just my opinion.

Advertisement