Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skyline Owners

Options
  • 01-09-2006 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭

i have a question ppl that are lucky enough too own a skyline

I know there as ugly as hell but in my opinion there the only real attempt a muscle i have seen from europe and Asia...now i have never owned one or driven one.

So what are the actually like ............are they drop the hammer and go with a big fat dirty grin as u get pushed in too the back seat or are they completly over hyped

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

Depends which engine you have!

Ugly! I had my car at the pheniox park races and I couldnt count the amount of people taking photo's of its uglyness.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭Joeface

they are ugly thats what makes it,the car it has presence ...there big ugly mean lookin F**kers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Slinky>

Ive been lucky enough to own two an R34 GTT (tiptronic) this was a really comfy GT Car with loads of push for over taking and sliding about as you wished! It was pretty much standard with about 280bhp , the tip box was a bit of a let down slow to change and sluggish (unlike my tip Fto)

the 2nd one was an R33 Gts-T this was tuned to stage 1 in Japan with big FMIC full exhuast, headers ect. . and lots of suspension work,
    This was amazing it had 316bhp so it could break traction in the back tyres in 3rd gear in the rain, Fairly hairy to drive on wet days particularly for over taking and the like, the acceleration would really take your breath away, The turbo was a bit laggy so when it did kick it made the acceleration feel that bit stronger,

and then there was the noise!!!

It had a lightened flywheel and a twin plate clutch which was a complete dog around town, also a 2way cusco lsd so crawling around car parks and the like the back wheels would kinda hop ,

Its the only car I owned i never felt fully confident with, it caught me out so many times, I only had it a few days and ended up driving along a dual carriageway sideways in traffic at 100kmph, which was em interesting,

The Gts-t's which are common in Ireland dont really feel as special as a most sporty cars the interiors are pretty much Primera's but they are extremely reliable and tubeable, fuel consumption for me was about 16mpg that was mostly short drives,

At the moment its definitely a buyers market the last time I looked on carzone there was almost 100 for sale I dont think theres that many peoplel looking for one so if your thinking of buying you should get a good one for a great price!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

depends on the model:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Skyline

A lot are overrated IMO, but spend a few bob on one and you can have a screamer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Can anyone give me a guesstamite on insurance for over 25's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

layke wrote:
    Can anyone give me a guesstamite on insurance for over 25's?

Not meaning to be a smarta$$, but an insurance company would be a good place to start, given the way the pluk figures out of the sky.

It depends on your NCB etc etc and the exact model.

Im sure somone will post up a list of insurers to call though.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Cerberus

FBD quoted me 2500 when I had my R34 2.5 Turbo. I was 26 with 3 years NCB. XS Direct will quote you in the region of 1300 but there is an excess of 4000.
    Get a turbo R34 if your budget allows. They're 280 as standard where as the R33 turbos were 250 as standard. They're a fairly nippy car. They'll do 100 in about 12 seconds. They're not evo quick like, well not until you get over 100. Very torquey and easy to drive. You don't need to change gears to find the power. They'll pull all the way from 25mph to 150mph+ in fifth. They are exceptional cars to handle in a corner because of the HICAS rear wheel steer system. Oversteer is progressive and easily caught. Fun car to drive. Fuel consumption is nothing short of horrendous. 20mpg is the best to expect. Servicing is every 5-6000 miles and cost about 250 alone for parts. Rears tyres last about 5-6000 as well at 200 a corner. As far as the R34 looks are concerned, I think they're nice but you're not gonna stop traffic or anything. It's kinda a case of "people that know, know" if you know what I mean. My overwhelming memory is of being parked in Galway looking down at my phone txting someone and then looking up to see 7 guys with camera phones walking around the car...a bit uncomfortable to say the least :)
    Glad to be rid of it at the minute because of the mileage I'm doing but will definitely own another one when circumstances allow.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Chonker wrote:
    Depends which engine you have!

Ugly! I had my car at the pheniox park races and I couldnt count the amount of people taking photo's of its uglyness.:D

I want your car!

Advertisement