Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anbody out there imagin/ghosting HDD

• 01-09-2006 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

No not a fffing again. Reinstalling is no joke. Takes hours, add SP2 , updates, customisations,apps etc. So it's time to take the plunge into imagin the HDD for reinstall purposes. Don't have DVD burner so was thinking external HDD. Don't need anything fancy, no scheduling etc. Any body like to share their experience of doing this. Probably needs to handle NTFS.
    tnx
    dOH

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I fund this:http://www.runtime.org/driveimage_faq.htm a while ago but not got around to testing.

IBM Rescue and recovery is a really good product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭dohouch

Thanks irish1
    Man it's all a bit over the top for me. Know somebody who is in the business, might beg or borrow one of the commercial progs, Acronis true-image,etc from her. She's busy but will have to be patient. I'd forgotten how much I'd customised my other box and will now have to stay off the net untill I have other box my way again(customisations,settings,lisensec,apps,etc) and then make image. The only goods news is that imaging software compresses so I may get by with 2 or 3 CDR's for a back up.
    tnx
    dOH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

I have used Acronis Trueimage since version 6 and find it much better than ghost especially when using their bootable CD.

The only thing you will need is space to store the images.

My current WinXP install takes up 46GB (uncompressed ~66GB).

Give it a try and you wont regret it....as long as you have the spare space!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭dohouch

So it compresses by about a 1/3rd. u have 66Gb, is that videos? I would have only 5 or 6Gb. But the big hassle is the reinstall of programmes and settings. I have desktop and laptop. Do u think I can use one copy of Acronis to do the 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭tech

I Use ghost full time have over 100 gigs of PC/ Laptop Images once I have a PC / laptop built to my liking I boot useing BART PE and dump a image of the pc/laptop onto my Server and keep it there handy if you have to rebuild the PC,

I have generic images for certain Dell Machines now saves some time when people f£ck them up!

www.symantec.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement