Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple or PC???

Options
  • 01-09-2006 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

I was wondering how many people use Apple and how many use the PC for design work and which one of them is better. I myself have been using a PC since I was 10, so I'm pretty familiar with it. I'm now toying with the idea of buying a Mac. What are your opinions??

which is better for graphic and web design??

Apple or PC???

Which is better for Graphic/Web Design 9 votes

Apple
    0% 0 votes
    PC
    100% 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

goes without saying that for graphics it really is a mac, but if you're just working on web design stuff, really the performance isn't so massive that you should decide to ignore PC (which runs more stuff in the first place anyway).

on the same note, there is bootcamp (run XP on a mac) now, which is in beta stages afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

i use a mac for almost all print work, tend to use pc for web although either are fine for web. But, for print work I love macs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Ho-Hum

Well I have a pc and think that it does everything great, but if you are planning to get a job in graphic design I would say get a Mac. At least 3/4's of the graphic design job interviews I have gone to have asked for some Mac experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Baggio...

I use the PC for all my design work - from Flash animation to 3d.
    Personally I don't like macs at all. The PC is much more versatile IMHO (software, upgrades, 3d, games etc.). You just can't beat 'em for price either. Put it this way, I can do anything I want on my PC, but you can't do everything on a MAC. As for Macs being crash proof....Hmmm...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

what i've been told
    macs for design for print
    pc for design for web.

most people in the world have/use a pc (probably running internet explorer) so that need has to be catered for and cant be done 100% without some pc involement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭bongo85

Ok, so I guess I'll stick with the PC as I'll be using it mainly for web design.

Thanks for your opinions, guys! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dave_brent

Neiterh Platform will increase or decreaser your creativity!! but my preference would have to be PC.. Work with a MAC at work in graphics and would prefer to use PC...

Probably its what you are used to!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Only a 2nd year design student but I use a quick-ish PC and a G5 Mac Pro. The Mac is definitely miles faster, but I'd like to see what speed it would be like 12 months down the line and HD's nearly full.

Whatever you choose, just dont buy a Mac for a fashion statement ! I'm still debating wheather to build a new XP Pro Rig or an iMac 2.33, Been examining all options for over a month now and still undecided.

It is a lot of money, more so for the Mac, plus factor in the cost of purchasing software etc ...

Advertisement