Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rossi all hype ?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Wasn't roeder quoted as saying he'd get games? i dunno.

I do think he still has potential, fergie may let him stay the duration of the deal, given a run in either side, i don't mean sub appearances, or one game here one game there, i do believe that he could do a job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

sofireland wrote:
    Wasn't roeder quoted as saying he'd get games?
    Well in this instance Roeder didn't lie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Maybe when Roeder was offered Rossi, he said he'll slot in to the first team... but alas we don't really know what was said do we. But there are some united fans who think just cause he plays for us, he should be first name on the team sheet at newcastle, it doesn't work like that. He has to go out and impress a new manager, its then up to him.

He'll get his chance that i'm sure. Isn't he back from Italy yet?

He would have played last night i think if he was still at man u

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

He would have got a run at United last night, of course Roeder is not going to put him in in front of his own players, would you blame. Rossi has loads of potential, if he can fufil it time will tell..

Joe that lad at Southampton, is he in the 1st team full team now? What his record like as that is a serious record he has

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

yop wrote:
    Joe that lad at Southampton, is he in the 1st team full team now? What his record like as that is a serious record he has

No, he's played a few random games here and there, mostly as sub. He has one goal in the Carling Cup against Millwall afaik.

At one stage near the start of last season (I posted about it, but search isn't bringing up anything), he had scored about 20 goals in 6 games, or something equally ridiculous. Southampton's reserve and youth team records are pretty much unparalleled.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

What sort of group are the Southampton reserves and youth teams in with? Are they the "small" teams outside of say the PL teams reserve teams?

There was some lad who came on for Inter last nite, a Swede, he has some similar record up there I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

The past few seasons we''ve been in there with Arsenal, Chelsea etc... didn't lose to either of those last season, and beat Arsenal 5-1.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I remain skeptical. No doubt he's very talented but whether he'll really be all that great for Man United is a big question mark.

Advertisement