Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stereo bluetooth car kits?

• 01-09-2006 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭

Anyone know if you can get bluetooth car kits that are compatible with the bluetooth stereo headset profile? I was wondering because I'm thinking of getting a SE K800i when one of the operators other than Three get it, and would like to be able to use the music player on it via my car stereo, as well as having it act as a hands-free car kit. Does such a thing even exist?

Ciarán.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

ceejay wrote:
    Does such a thing even exist?
    Ciarán.

Don't think so. I just bought the new Pioneer 9800BT. Basically this headunit acts as the hands free kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

The Sony MEX-BT5000 has the A2DP profile, so when you pair the K800i, you just press source on the Radio and you should be able to scroll through the tracks on your phone, as if it were a part of the radio.
    There on sale on ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

That Sony head unit looks very interesting, but it wasn't quite what I had in mind - I don't particularly want to change my existing unit, so I was thinking more of a separate unit.

Turns out that Sony Ericsson do a non-bluetooth car unit with a car stereo adapter that does what I'm looking for, but a bluetooth device would be preferable.

Ciarán.

I have the SE Car kit HCA-60 (with K750i Holder HCH-61), and the Stereo Music Box HCE-26.
    This only plays Music through the front two speakers of the car, to get music to all for speakers I had to do a bit of rewiring.

I also tried the FM Stereo Transmitter (MMR-60) that plugs straight into the bottom of the phone, no wiring for that

Hmm, that sounds interesting, especially as iTrips and things like it are going to be legal by the end of the year. What was the quality like with that? Did you run into any problems with it? Do you know if you could use a regular bluetooth headset with this at the same time, i.e. to make and receive calls over the headset while listening to music via the radio?

Ciarán.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

Interesting Sony stereo, would have to see the menu's etc before getting one though - the latest sony stereo I have that has the dot matrix screen is near impossible to see when the sun is shining..

Never mind making the iTrip legal, I know a few people with them !! Its a ridiculous law.
    Worked fine for me, just needed to have the phone+Transmitter near car stereo.
    You will have no probs with the FM Transmitter and using a bluetooth earpiece, Music will just pause on the Phone.

That sounds like it just might do the trick then. Where did you get the MMR-60? I presume somewhere online :)

Ciarán.

Yeah I bought it off ebay as currently it is illegal to buy FM Transmitters in Ireland,
    Would you be interested in buying it off me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

billbond4 wrote:
    Yeah I bought it off ebay as currently it is illegal to buy FM Transmitters in Ireland,
    Would you be interested in buying it off me?

Which explains why Lidl Ireland were selling FM transmitters the other day. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I dont know how Lidl can sell FM Transmitters in Ireland, as COMREG say they will be making short range transmitters Legal in Ireland soon.

http://www.comreg.ie/_fileupload/publications/PR050906.pdf

I see that Aldi are selling a Bluetooth MP3 CD Car radio on Sunday 17th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Brianb8802

ceejay wrote:
    Anyone know if you can get bluetooth car kits that are compatible with the bluetooth stereo headset profile? I was wondering because I'm thinking of getting a SE K800i when one of the operators other than Three get it, and would like to be able to use the music player on it via my car stereo, as well as having it act as a hands-free car kit. Does such a thing even exist?

Ciarán.

Not sure if your still interested but the nokia ck-20w supports wireless bluetooth music streaming from your phone

Check it out here

And for those with older phones, once you have a nokia pop port phone you can connect wired to the car kit to stream your music

Advertisement