Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proposal to re structure IOFFL

Options
  • 01-09-2006 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

Proposal to re structure IOFFL

Given some of issues within the existing structure of IOFFL particularly trying to find new and existing committee members who are able to and will give time effort and energy to running IOFFL we are proposing a new structure for IOFF going forward.

These threads are relevant.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054980376

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054962960

IOFFL committee will dissolve.

A group of people will be elected to form a trust group.

These will include past committee chair people and committee members.

The trust has no other function than to ensure that the committee is performing its duties, not exceeding its duties and acts as a steering group.

The trust is NOT involved in day to day running of IOFFL
    The trust does not and will not directly influence daily operating decisions
    If the trust cannot reach agreement with a committee member or the committee as a whole the trust can and will remove that person from the committee or the entire committee.

The committee will be formed from volunteers as usual. However the committee will work and operate as per the trust mandate.
    The committee will be composed of people that the trust has agreed to.

AGMs (as they currently stand) will no longer be implemented

The trust will meet twice a year in a public forum and will take on board the memberships views and requests.

The trust can be dissolved if the membership mails IOFFL and the number of requests exceeds a certain percentage (time frame and percentage to be decided)

Current nominations for the trust are ......

.......being talked about, feel free to nominate people

Regards

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

How many will take part in this trust group? If the general membership is not happy with a particular trust member, will it be possible for him/her to be voted out? Will the trust members keep their posts indefintetely?

I think it's a good idea. I can't see any better way of sustaining IOFFL's progress. I would hate to be the committee members in the past, particularly the chairs, where only a paltry number of members would show up. The AGMs have to go.

I can't really contribute to what's there as they seem like sound proposals. When and how will this new IrelandOffline be implemented?

I think there should be no problem finding people for the trust group but it may be a different matter to find dilligent people with the necessary time and interest to carry out the day to day tasks of IO. Will there be a chairman now on either the committee or the trust?

Btw kudos on the effort that you guys are putting in on continuing IrelandOffline's progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

*bump*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

jwt wrote:
    *bump*
    Structure is not important.

Advertisement