Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibec

Options
  • 01-09-2006 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I stay in Kildare about 50 km from Dublin and can I get Broadband, No, is my exchange going to be enabled ever, No, can I get wireless, No.

So it really amuses me to see an interview with Gerry Fahy chairman of the TIF at IBEC in the Indo yesterday saynig things like " Ireland can hardly logistically go any faster" in rolling out Broadband and " Eircom is colaborating fully in LLU".
    Amongst other stupid staements he also claims " A PC over three years old, chances are it can't handle broadband",
    His main thrust seems to be that everything is fine apart from a lack of demand!! and what we need are tax breaks !!!

So if this is what IBECs finest brings to the table what chance do we have in getting any progress.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The TIF is paid for by and represents the following, eircom vodafone and o2 , and nobody else. They pay the TIF to shout on their behalf .

The TUG or ITUG within IBEC represents their victims.....sorry Customers :(

Advertisement