Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Selling my Honda Varadero 125

• 01-09-2006 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

I'm selling my Honda Varadero 125cc only group 2 insurance. Its the fastest most comfortable 125cc bike you'll drive. it has monoshock technology to which provides for great cornering also. I have it basically described below if your interested.

It was originally bought and then imported from Spain to Ireland in October/November 2001 and registered for the first time in mid November so hence its a 2001 (Kind of 2002 but you know what i mean). Its in good condition, has new front tyre and brake, taxed till 01/07, serviced, 44k km, runs brilliantly (hence honda normally do), comes with a helmet worth 160 euro, a biker jacket worth 90 euro and 2 locks. Great accelerator with top speed 75 mph (120 kmph) before redline.

Reason for sale is simple, i've had this bike for 2 years now and although i love it i just want a bigger engine now. As a matter of fact if your selling a Bros 400 let me know will ya cheers.

I would be prepared to let it go for E1,650.

I'll add more info later. If anyones interested i can upload some pictures later on.

Cheers, Simon.

p.s. my e-mail is simon44@campus.ie or you can contact me on 0860779494 if your interested

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

pics would be nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Emmm This is what www.adverts.ie is for.

MC ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

You wouldn't be trying to sell a second hand helmet here , would ya ??

We dont's loike yer type round these parts :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

KTRIC wrote:
    You wouldn't be trying to sell a second hand helmet here , would ya ??

We dont's loike yer type round these parts :mad:

Don't start this again.

How do you know he is not offering the helmet as a shelf ornament? It could be a limited edition or something a bike racer gave him/ He won.

There is nothing wrong with that as part of the deal.

Similarly, why dont you complain about him throwing the locks in - he might keep a spare set of keys and then go rob it from you when you buy it???

It's all about trust. If you dont trust the helmet don't wear it, if you dont trust the locks, dont use them, if you dont trust the seller dont buy it. Simple really.

I don't think there is anything malicious in the Offer by the OP.

L.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭smoc

you can see the full bike if you were interested or curious on www.gumtree.ie and do a search for it there. However I just sold the bike today without the helmet and jacket for 1575. I'm happy though i forgot to mention that one of the bulbs was loose so he mighten be too happy :) Good deal on both sides really though. maybe a bit more on his but at least i'm free to buy a new one now.

Oh and by the way i only had one key for each of those locks so i hope hes not paranoid about that. I'm an honest person so i cant see why he would be.

Hey does anyone know if the Bros 400 is simply the best 33bhp restricted bike you can get or is there better? i'm going to see a '92 on thursday for 1800. Deal or no Deal? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

its not restircted to 33hp.
    the engine produces around 29-31hp

there deadly, 1800 for a 92 from a dealer is good,
    probably about 200 too much privately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭demosuzki

On the Bros 400.

great bike from all accounts.
    very very popular with couriers for city driving and its ability to go and go and go....

just be warned that a 2nd hand one may have been used for couriering and might be driven a lot for its years.

/ds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

agree completely with demosuzuki,

dont buy a couriered bike, either get one stragiht out of the crate with 3000 miles or less on the clock
    or from someone who used it for the daily commute for a year or 2 with about 10000 - 15000 miles on the clock.
    a courier bike will have lots of miles on it.
    a bros will go round the clock twice if looked after but most couriers will treat it as a workhouse and only sell when it no longer works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭smoc

Had a choice between a mighty fine Black 93 Bros for 3,300 - absolutely spotless and very low milage OR a mint cond Beige 2002 Kawasaki ZZR 250 (Group 7) for 3,300.

Needless to say i followed my heart and not my head. i went for the Kawasaki. Insurance killed me - 1909 Euro but my god was it worth it. I dont regret it to be honest. Great bike. No trouble with it now 9 months on. Funny thing is my insurance is only 491 Euro this year with Quinn Direct :D Happy days.

Advertisement