Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

veronica ringtone club - anyone ever use them ?

• 01-09-2006 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong place but i want to know if any have ever used them

Reason i ask is i signed up today to see what there FREE week trial was like.

I signed up and downloaded 3 games and 1 song... and when i checked my credit i was down €6... i was mad and emailed them. (no reply yet) But just a few minutes ago i got a text from them saying "YOu have successfully unsubcribed from Veronicas MoCo Unlimted bla bla bla"

This is a copy of the email i sent to them
    Hi I signed up for your free week trial today and downloaded 3 games 
    and 1 tune.

When i checked my phone credit i seen you have taken €6 from it.

I want to know why you have taken this credit if it's "FREE".

My phone number is 087******* I would like the credit placed back onto 
    my phone, and why are you are telling everyone you can sign up for a 
    free week and them charging them, thats flash advertising. 

I would like this matter delt with as quick as possible. 

Regards
    David.

has anyone else singed up for this and been charged ? is there anything in there Terms of service that i missed saying they will charge you ?

I assumed once they said you get it free for a week it was free ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

The most common pitfall is that, while the content itself is free, you have to pay for GPRS/data charges to your provider. Check with your provider where your credit went.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

how can i check that ? do i have to ring them or can i check online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

still would never amount to that much, ive used them once or twice and they are a rip-off, better to avoid them worst than jamster most of the time!

if your with meteor you can check it online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

If you are with Vodafone prepaid then you probably can't check it, might be different with pay monthly. Give Vodafone a call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭paulshir

vodafone charges 2c/kb on gprs so a game could cost up to €1.50. Veronicas trials usually have a minimum of a one month supcription at €2 a month so you did well to get out of it. That even applies for the free trials. Also some of there content costs extra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Not to make you paranoid, but from my experience, you would do well if you did not hear from them again.
    If I were you I would monitor your credit over the next few weeks/ months and watch for any spam texts you receive, as I would be worried now they have your number and may subscribe you from their side :(

#Elites wrote:
    it sounds like either you where charged GPRS/WAP charges (by vodafone,o2 etc) for downloading data.. or someone has used your free trial to the service

Me. . . ????

I never had any trouble, but as I said, from experience, I know these things go on

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Speaking as someone who works everyday with people who sign up with these clubs, do everything you can to unsubscribe right now or they will take you for silly amounts of credit every week. Only ever download ringtones from your network. They are all cons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

Agreed!
    You have done well to unsubscribe straight away.

To be honest with you, only loosing €6 is quite good. I know of people who have lost a LOT more than that!!

Absolutely, similar to Sdoom, I have experience here also. In my opinion, you should cut your losses there, people have been cleaned by these companies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement