Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

blackheads

• 01-09-2006 4:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hey, just wondering if anyone has some tips for getting rid of blackheads. i always have them on my forehead and nose and there really horrible, also my makeup doesnt go on properly caz of them. Unfortunatly i have sensitive skin so i have to be careful what i use... any tips would be greatly appreciated.thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Never had them but i believe you can steam them out? It opens your pores.

Get a bowl of boiled water (piping hot) and put your face down close to it and cover your head with a towel.

obviously be careful though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Use those Biore nose strips, they work fairly well but don't use them too often either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 serena06

i recommend a deep cleansing facial, it can be expensive but it's the best way to get rid of blackheads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

clearisilstrips are great, Having a good diet help too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BrenC

I've never heard them but I remember reading tea tree strips (i think) help clean pores

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Tizzy

Best to let a beautician deal with them ,,,treat yourself to a facial & she will remove them painlessly ...got rid of a few on my nose recently .... the facial opens your pores & they remove the blacheads with their fingers .....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

I've quite a few on my nose, getting sick of them tbh. How much are these facials? Jaysus i'll be laughed out of the beauticions.
    tizzy wrote:
    they remove the blacheads with their fingers .....
    Not my kinda job removing other peoples blackheads tbh. Fair play to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Tizzy

You wont be laughed at ... you can spend anything from 50 to over 100 ... i has a perscription facial ...its brilliant very relaxing ...im sure if you called into a beauticians the would recomend something for you ...but better not to try messing with them ..messy if you infect them :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Be warned... steaming your face over hot water can open pores which never close again... not a good look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

So you well and truly were up for anything :)

As for the blackheads? I was always told it was okay to just pop them? Some of them can be a real divil to get at though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Use Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating scrub (daily cleanser) - just wash your face with it in the shower every morning. Or use a similar daily scrub.

Also use a face wash at night (not a scrub).

Clean up your diet (plenty of water, fruit etc.)

If things haven't cleared up with a month or two, consider seeing a doctor, or get some advice from a beautician about caring for your skintype.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭unityofsaints

Ruu wrote:
    Use those Biore nose strips, they work fairly well but don't use them too often either.

Where can you get those strips in Ireland? I've bought a pack off e-bay just to try them and they worked well.

definately the best thing to do would be to got to a beautician they can clear them right up and will even squeeze them out.
    Always clean your face properly every morning and evening. Most dermatologists advise against harsh scrubs and as you have sensitive skin I would say avoid them. They work for some people but they'll probably just irritate your skin. avoid creamy or wipe off cleansers because they don't work on blackhead prone skin. I would advise the clinique three-step because they use soap which really cleans your skin. the mild formula would probably be best for you but the assistants at the clinique counter can advise you.
    and finally if you do wear makeup make sure you ALWAYS clean it off properly. and I mean really properly - get a makeup cleanser as well as your regular cleanser - because the makeup is probably contributing to the blackheads. it would also be a good idea to make sure you are using a non pore blocking makeup and one that doesn't contain oil.
    Hope that helps I get blackheads myself and I did plenty of research to get rid of them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I get them pretty bad too but I found this Witch Thistle gel in boots that you put on before bed and it's brill..
    I found those Pore strips useless ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Where can you get those strips in Ireland? I've bought a pack off e-bay just to try them and they worked well.

Any of the Boots stores nearest you should have them as they sell Biore products, don't use them too often though as you don't want big craters in your face. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭cch

Ruu wrote:
    Any of the Boots stores nearest you should have them as they sell Biore products, don't use them too often though as you don't want big craters in your face. :)

Can never get these to work! I follow the instructions, leave it until it feels stiff and peel off but it just leaves some gunk on my nose and makes no difference at all, anyone have any tips?

Now back in the early 90s (yes I still have blackhead problems 15 years later :o ) I think it was Ponds that made strips that were self adhesive, you only left them on for 90 seconds and when removed had bristles of blackheads all standing up on the strip (lovely image I know).

used to have blackheads on my nose, this stuff works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

a good scrub works great. when i was a young teen i had them, not very bad ones though.

Anyone know about whiteheads on nose, they clog up my pores no matter how much i wash, they arent black heads. I also get these small hairs on my nose which probably make the pores/whiteheads worse, i have to pluck the hairs so am considering laser hair removal on my nose and i heard asomething called retina-a or something is good for the whiteheads.

Advertisement