Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registration for Returning and Continuing students

Options
  • 01-09-2006 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

Has anyone continuing course this year gotten any letters in the post regarding registration i am still waiting. I saw on the website new online registration service but you need a password to use the service which is sent in the post

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bub

apparently it all has to be done on line this year according to my younger siblings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Regged online, but their site is a royal pain. It timed out at the payment page, so although I got an email confirming the registration, I can't trust that WIT actually got the money. I will be heading to the college on Monday just to confirm everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

I have received no communications from the college. I am on work placement at the moment, so am waiting for results from the autumn exam board meeting. Which if I remember correctly are friday?? Am I wrong?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

bp_me wrote:
    I have received no communications from the college. I am on work placement at the moment, so am waiting for results from the autumn exam board meeting. Which if I remember correctly are friday?? Am I wrong?

Same here. Results out online at 6PM on Sept. 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Redundo

Had no problems reg-ing through the website.

I was just royally -ing pissed off that I had to pay €800 for every year. I am not covered by any of the grants authorities, so it all comes straight out of my pocket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Well, mine has gone through anyway, so I am back next year as usual.
    €800/year, it could be far worse, we could be paying $$$$$ more, but I place the blame squarely on the Government for this in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Star*

hello ladies and gentlemen,

this is my fav subject to bitch about at the moment.

I am currently returning for my second year part time in a course.

i have mailed, rang and gone to the college on regular occasions and have recieved little to no information.

just a sample of the trauma i have been through ... a sample only ... too late to type everything that has happened with that bloody adult ed admin dept.

Semester returning from xmas - I contacted about 10 times ( honestly ) to find out when i was back to college after exmas - to be told on the 10th time- oh you have been weeks .... really ? thanks for telling me i was only ringing for the past two weeks. Appreciate the notice there ...

.... this was from the course lecturer who said oh your lecturers would have told you before they left for xmas - eh no - they didn't really know what was going on ...... they barely knew when the exams were on ... honestly.

I actually have the email address of the people I need - the people in the know and i am getting no where.

re: registering for my course this year - When i went in to the adult office on Saturdaythis was after siz emails and three phone calls going nowhere with no answers - and in on e case no answer to my voicemail. . . . i was told to go to college street and see woman x - guess what i was told on thursday - woman x has taken a leave of absence for a year and isn't here ...... evenutally took me to get someone in the day course which i know through work to get me the name of someone who could help me ......

eventually got my reg form in to a woman who has not emailed me back once in repsonse to any query.

So at the moment the college are in receipt of my application form - as it was delivered by hand - still don't trust them.

They have my credit card details to pay etc etc ....

BUT i don't know WHEN my course is starting ? HOW MUCH it is going to cost me ? AND ............ WHAT subjects i am going to be studying ...

now please tell me ...... HOW can WIt be looking for uni status, when admin tasks have falled by the wayside for ACCS students for years.

is this not a college teaching admin and business practices to people and they cant' manage these task themselves.

as much as I love my home town of waterford and as much as i think Waterford needs a college with uni status. . . i in no way see how the college in waterford deserves this.

NOw please note that my experience with this place is not the only one and many people on my course have had the same experience with them.

my one fear is that they will take my money and not tell me i am back and i will end up missing lectures like i did at the start of the second semester.

I only wish i could complain to the people in charge out there - but ever feel like you would be blacklisted for ever ............ just doesn't seem worth it.

Advertisement