Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sex during her period

• 01-09-2006 4:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

What do people think of having sex During the girls period?

My girlfriend and I love to have sex. We are both every busy all day and when we come home we love to go straight to bed and have sex and then again later that night when we are going to sleep. We have never had sex during her period because we always though of it was a No No but when she got her last visit she was reaklly horny and begged me to have sex with her. I didnt really mind a it was really good sex. It was a bit messy though and a little strange to see blood on my soldier but i got over it.

I wanna know is it dangerous to have sex during a her period?
    I've read that it can be very healthy for the girl.

My girl friend REALLY enjoyed it and said cumming was totally different than normal and she liked it!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Ugh!! Please for the love of christ tell me you worn a condom? ugh!!!!!!

Each to their own i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

How do you mean dangerous? I don't think anyone is in any particular danger but you should always use protection regardless of whether sex is during her period or not. Safe sex ftw. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭cupsoftea

I don't see how a little blood is more repulsive than male ejaculate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

cupsoftea wrote:
    I don't see how a little blood is more repulsive than male ejaculate.

There's a sentence i never thought i would read

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Dont see the problem myself, orgasms are supposed to be good for period pain.
    If a little mess doesn't bother you I wouldn't say there's a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Budo.Judo.Kev

It's a bit gooey and yuck but no big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

what about the sheets? their must be blood everywhere:eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

what about the sheets? their must be blood everywhere:eek:
    Seriously, how much blood do you think comes out of women every month?

I've had sex during my period many times and it's fine. I get quite heavy flow and the only time there is any sort of mess is when we're just not fast enough with a little bit of tissue when he pulls out.

OP so long as your girlfriend and you are happy with it then there's nothing to stop you. I find that it can be a little uncomfortable on the first day but after that it's all good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It is fine to do so as long as you are in a relationship where you both have been tested for sti and hiv and are using other forms of contraception.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Seriously, how much blood do you think comes out of women every month?
    Gallons by the sounds of it. :D
    *Pictures the elevator from The Shining*

• Advertisement

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menstrual_cycle

The average is 3 to 5 tables spoons of blood.
    But the menstrual flow is made up of more then blood and of other fuilds
    in total it is about 10 table spoons worth.
    There can be clots as the lining of the womb comes away.

What is the difference between ordinary blood and menstrual blood ?
    You can't pick up ordinary blood with a fork.

Very little mucus is expelled during a period. Otherwise tampons wouldn't be much use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

It is messy. But there is nothing wrong with doing it. If you enjoy it whats the problem loike. ya dooorty fecker :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Thaedydal wrote:

You can't pick up ordinary blood with a fork.

I was just about to eat some milk chocolate mint digestives and a glass of milk.... now you've completely ruined that for me!!! :(:p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Like having sex with a jam doughnut!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Ruu wrote:
    How do you mean dangerous? I don't think anyone is in any particular danger but you should always use protection regardless of whether sex is during her period or not. Safe sex ftw. :)

why???

he is in a serious relationship...assuming from post that they live together,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭mmenarry

Thanks

No real health problems, so far as I know. Maybe minor cervical cancer issues (but highly unlikely, no more than normal unprotected sex)

Never mind the mess, it's nothing. Change the sheets in the morning.

There's no more risk of STDs during a period than at any other time.

M.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Do it in the shower, no mess and more fun;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Budo.Judo.Kev

sex in the shower is ****ing ****e in my opinion. don't go down on a bird on the blob, it's bad news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

I always got a kick out of it.
    Bit of a surprise to find the impediment, but there's a handy lever on it. Whip it out and whip it in.
    Business a bit more viscous than usual, but thats a challenge in itself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

[QUOTE=Thaedydal
    You can't pick up ordinary blood with a fork.[/QUOTE]

Oh that is nasty.

Just dont use any position where her pelvis is tilted backwards. Thats bad for her. Just like in yoga, you should avoid certain positions when your on the rag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭SingingCherry

kingofking wrote:
    why???

he is in a serious relationship...assuming from post that they live together,

You do know that when people live together they can still sleep with other people, right? And that they aren't magically rid of any STDs they might have contracted in the past?

Just checkin'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I always got a kick out of it.
    Bit of a surprise to find the impediment, but there's a handy lever on it. Whip it out and whip it in.
    Business a bit more viscous than usual, but thats a challenge in itself

The picture of Pat in your post just rounds this post off nicely doesn't it...

As a mate's gf once said to my mate (years ago) "Oh yeah, I'm in me red, you'll have to do me up the sh***er"..

(Back on topic)
    I've been there myself in the past. It looks like you've stabbed someone, but I don't see any problem with it. I also don't think it's dangerous in anyway, but I'm no doctor.
    Blood is a very good lubricant btw.. Anyone who's ever read 'Gerald's Game' will know what I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Blackjack

sex in the shower is ****ing ****e in my opinion. don't go down on a bird on the blob, it's bad news.

On the Blob!. Great one.

Nothing wrong with it, but from what I gather it's easier to pass on any infections during a period, so a raincoat is not a bad idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Just put a towel down on the sheets and you'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭WunderFull

It's grand. Just wash your hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Gross.

Aside from that it should be fine. It doesn't matter if STD infection is more likely or not, because you should be using protection if there's any chance anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Different strokes for different folks.

Personally I like sex during my period. The good vibes help relieve period pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

dudara wrote:
    Different strokes for different folks.

Personally I like sex during my period. The good vibes help relieve period pain.

Yep it helps alrtighy

As for the "mess", just put a towel underneath.
    Or consider not using penetration but other methods

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Thaedydal wrote:
    What is the difference between ordinary blood and menstrual blood? You can't pick up ordinary blood with a fork.

Very descriptive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 LucasOli

Gettin' messy...Class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Best. Thread. Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

andrew wrote:
    Like having sex with a jam doughnut!?
    this caught me off guard, brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

This is a very messy thread! (pun intended)

its like an AH one!

I've never done it myself, but i think i would, is it anything like virgin sex?

Oh that is nasty.

Just dont use any position where her pelvis is tilted backwards. Thats bad for her. Just like in yoga, you should avoid certain positions when your on the rag.
    What position's?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

don't go down on a bird on the blob, it's bad news.
    Ahahahahahaha!

Unhelpful and off-topic posting will get you banned from this forum.
    Do take time to read the charter which contains the rules and abide by them.
    Have a nice day.
    Thaedydal

What position's?

For example in yoga:

http://www.bksiyengar.com/images/IYoga/ASANAS/inver.jpg

I am not posting sexual positions here. Use your imagination. That's why God gave you one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

My girlfriend and I love to have sex. We are both every busy all day and when we come home we love to go straight to bed and have sex and then again later that night when we are going to sleep. We have never had sex during her period because we always though of it was a No No but when she got her last visit she was reaklly horny and begged me to have sex with her. I didnt really mind a it was really good sex. It was a bit messy though and a little strange to see blood on my soldier but i got over it.

My girl friend REALLY enjoyed it and said cumming was totally different than normal and she liked it!

Thanks

Eh...this isnt the best thing in the world to do (for the sake of your bedsheets)...and the fact that your girlfriend actually LETS you have sex with her during her period is another huge factor you should consider, because most women dont like being touched at that time, so id say just go with it if you feel comfortable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

never done it intentionally. i've done it and then afterwards been like "uh oh!". lucky i was finished otherwise i woulda been totally turned off, and i'd never knowingly have sex with a girl during that time. for some reason it jsut doesnt appeal to me! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Nightshiftguy

Myself and my wife really enjoy 'period sex' yes it does get messy But hey what a bit of mess petween lovers... Cum is messy we take menstural blood as red cum.. Its Harmless.. For me I'm lucky I am one of the few guys who looks forward to that time of month...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭gutta

I can't see what anyone's (blokes) problem is. Period sex is fine as far as I'm concerned, doesn't bother me, doesn't bother the missus if sh'es up for it. And as for all that crap about not having sex in certain positions while you're menstruating, would the person who claims this please explain why? It's not as if she's going to go into anaphylactic shock or anything from having a tilted pelvis.

Granted, period sex can be messy but that's what bathtowels are for. For the blokes in here who think it's gross, well, go out and educate yourselves boys, you're precluding yourselves from having sex (in a monogamous relationship) for quite a percentage of your adult lives. And if a little blood on your dick is a problem, then I guess you shouldn't ever have sex at all.

Because if the blood flows backwards it can do bad things to you, like endemetriosis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Because if the blood flows backwards it can do bad things to you, like endemetriosis.

I'm sorry????

Where on EARTH did you hear that bunkum?? Biggest load of rubbish I've heard this year! Blood flows OUT. It does not flow backwards.And most CERTAINLY having sex during the *menses* will not, under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES cause endometriosis.

The total average amount of actual blood loss (barring women with very heavy periods and clots) is equivalent to about 5 tablespoons or so.Yes it can be a bit messy, but so what? Just have a rinse after! Bloody hell....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I was having a conversation with a young woman about this recently. Her response was that she doesn't do it simply for the fact that the lubrication is different due to viscosity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

"When the river runs red take the dirty track"

Ah yes, faeces on your penis is far more preferable to blood.

dragona wrote:
    I'm sorry????

Where on EARTH did you hear that bunkum?? Biggest load of rubbish I've heard this year! Blood flows OUT. It does not flow backwards.And most CERTAINLY having sex during the *menses* will not, under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES cause endometriosis.

The total average amount of actual blood loss (barring women with very heavy periods and clots) is equivalent to about 5 tablespoons or so.Yes it can be a bit messy, but so what? Just have a rinse after! Bloody hell....:)

Oh dear god, do I have to explain everything to you? DOnt you have google? Ok let me hold your hand through sex ed: here you go

http://www.pdrhealth.com/patient_education/BHG01EN25.shtml

I didnt say sex during menstruation will cause it!!!! I said if blood goes backwards it can cause it, and that tilting your pelvis backwards or upside down or whatever may encourage that.

And to add to cups of tea's remark what even better is faecal matter mixing into your blood stream from torn capillaries in your anus. Yum yum. [You may want to keep your toothbrush out of the bathroom also after reading this thread.]

From your own link metrovelvet
    Experts are not exactly sure what causes endometriosis . The cause of endometriosis is not known. Many medical researchers believe that it is due to a process called “retrograde menstruation.” In this process, small amounts of blood and tissue flow backward into the fallopian tubes during menstruation. From there, they leak out and begin to grow in the pelvis and abdomen. This process occurs in almost every woman, but certain women have weaknesses in their immune systems that interfere with their bodies' ability to expel the blood and tissue fragment

There had to be a predisprosition to endometriosis for retrograde menstration to have an effect.
    Many things over the years have been stated as bad for a woman to do while bleeding inculding at one stage washing her hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

Thanks

na not dangerous at all... bit messy alright, but not dangerous.
    make sure you wash your face after you go down on her...

• Advertisement
Advertisement