Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 6234

• 01-09-2006 4:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Getting a nokia 6234 later.

Anyone know are they any good?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

Got the phone last night.
    I like it! Not as many ringtones etc as on other phones so i might have to download a decent one. The shortcut menu is a bit different but im getting used to it. It had a savage voice tag system where you dont have to program in your names at all. Camera is pretty good too at 2.0 megapixels.
    Dont like the way nokia have changed to the new smaller connectors on the chargers. Gonna have to get 2 adaptors and leave em in work and in the car. Ten quid a pop. Automatic coverage change from 3g to gsm does not seem to be seemless so ive left it on gsm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-6233-en.shtml

and here

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_6233-review-98.php

Same phone as the 6233 pretty much. I'm gettin a 6233 (I think) on meteor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Terrible phone. Poor memory, low volume...I sold it within a week.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Just got one, very impressed highly recommended

Aparantly the first batch had problems but now they are fine - so said the guy in the shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

A cousin of mine bought one a few weeks ago but over the last few days it's been hanging whenever you press the 'Go To' button. It gives you a blank screen for a selection and with no way of going back, meaning you have to turn the phone off and then on again. I also tried going into the Shortcuts/Settings and tried changing the left selection key (which is presently Go To) and that also crashes the phone. She plans on changing the phone for a new one. Has anyone else hit these problems?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭sweno

byrnefm wrote:
    A cousin of mine bought one a few weeks ago but over the last few days it's been hanging whenever you press the 'Go To' button. It gives you a blank screen for a selection and with no way of going back, meaning you have to turn the phone off and then on again. I also tried going into the Shortcuts/Settings and tried changing the left selection key (which is presently Go To) and that also crashes the phone. She plans on changing the phone for a new one. Has anyone else hit these problems?
    Had the same problem with the goto button. brought it back, got a new one worked fine for a while but same thing happened again, so brought it backk again... then finally i just changed the option to somethin else. its a good phone apart from that. also if you use gmail point your mobiles browser to gmail.com/app - its very useful

Advertisement