Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

parisian chic?

• 01-09-2006 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

im going to paris next weekend, and i'd love to pick up a few things (clothes jewellry)that are quintessentially (i have no idea how that is spelt!) french or more specifically parisian. any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭uniquechic

just look out for really well cut clothes. I was over in paris in may and many of the women over there wore very understated buy classy clothes. Think well fitting jackets,jeans and if ur stuck black is always a good colour!most french women wear it. Oh and a beret!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

you will get nice stuff in the metro stations, (i know its a station but lovely stuff), also if you walk up the road to mont marte (the big church near moulin rouge) you will find nice stores there. dont forget printemps in the 12th ditrict its like bt here but cheaper its in bastille (get the yellow line of the metro, its the mian one that does all the touristy stuff), champs ellese too, they are lovely and people find them expensive but i didn, alot of the prices will be still high. i found the best time to go is christmas or january cos of the snow and the sales!

always haggle with the people though if your buying from a stall or around the moulin rouge and monte mart because you can get great bargins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Went there just over a year ago and got some really great stuff. While the bigger shops on the main streets are brilliant. Always go into the smaller shops as they tend to have more unique clothing/jewellry/shoes. Mont Mart was one of my favourite places to shop because, like lasair said above, the bargains were great!

Advertisement