Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what do i do???

Options
  • 01-09-2006 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

here is the situation i have a large back garden with two large flower beds i dont want them anymore simple because they were there when i bought the house how do i get rid of them and grow grass there instead. here is what i was thinking dig them up and plant grass seed there after compacting it into the ground or should i hire a skip and dig up the flower beds put it into the skip and replace it with grass turf:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

bubthatub wrote:
    here is the situation i have a large back garden with two large flower beds i dont want them anymore simple because they were there when i bought the house how do i get rid of them and grow grass there instead. here is what i was thinking dig them up and plant grass seed there after compacting it into the ground or should i hire a skip and dig up the flower beds put it into the skip and replace it with grass turf:confused:

Could u post a pic for us to see the scale of the job.

Skips are pricey enough - u may not need one.
    Dont "compact" anything toomuch.

grass turf is quick and easy to put down

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

1. Buy a pair of heavy duty rubber gloves
    2. Pull the flower stems up, slowly, and make sure you pull the roots up
    3. Toss the soil using a pitch fork to make sure any remaining flower roots won't take root, and ensure you are just left with a bare earth patch
    4. Leave bare for 4 weeks to ensure nothing is re-taking root
    5. Plant grass seeds

Advertisement