Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do you have to repeat all subjects at once??

Options
  • 01-09-2006 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

hi im planning on repeating my leaving but the thing is i dont know if i can afford all the grinds because i am planning on repeating without going back to school so i need to know now would it be possible for me to do about 3 or 4 subjects one year and then another 2 or 3 the next year??and when i do get the results when applying for colleges do you hink i would have to show all the times i sat the leaving

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

It depends what you're repeating for. As far as I know:

(a) If you're repeating because you didn't meet the grade requirement for one (or more) of your subjects, then you can repeat them by the themselves. e.g. if you needed a pass in maths, you could repeat maths on it own and you could use that with your results form last year.

(b) If you're repeating because you didn't get enough points, I believe you have to sit all the subjects in one year to count the points for them all i.e. you can't count points from subjects which you did from different years.

Sorry it's not clear, I'm not explaining it well...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Basically:

If you need the subjects for points, they have to be in one go. If it's just 1 or 2 to get a miminum requirement (a pass in Maths or Irish for example), then you can do them next year and still use your points from this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Budo.Judo.Kev

What penguin says is accurate.

Why would you want to repeat 3 or 4 subjects on your own in one year and the other 2/3 the following year? Why don't you just go to school and do all 6/7 in the one year? You don't want to spend 2 more years doing the Leaving Cert do you?

Advertisement