Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have Eircom turned off Interleaving?

• 01-09-2006 9:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Im on Esats 1mb package on the Ashbourne exchange. I presume they are Just reselling eircoms dsl. At the moment I get on average 25-27ms to irish sites and 35-37ms to Uk sites, from what I can remember when I had their BB package before it was usually higher ping times

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Nope, it's still on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Ok cheers,I remember when I had a linksys router before you could check must see if its the same with Esats Zxyel one

Cubix

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

eircom interleaving is off for me, I get 9-18ms to Irish Sites and 21-28ms to English Sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Gonzo wrote:
    eircom interleaving is off for me, I get 9-18ms to Irish Sites and 21-28ms to English Sites.
    How did you manage to get them to do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

It's been off (or very low) on residential packages for quite some time. It was reduced on some business packages. Ping an Irish site and if you get something like 8-16 ms your interleaving is most likely off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement