Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest way to fone from Aus to here

Options
  • 01-09-2006 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

I have started using www.13434.ie to fone from here around the world and its very handy that you can use it over the normal fone with cheap rates. But I have a mate in Aus who is wondering whats the best way to fone here as 13434.ie seems to be restricted to here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

If one or both of you have access to a PC with broadband then I'd syggest Skype. If one of you uses phone then the other can buy skype credit and call the phone from a PC at very cheap local rates. If both use a PC then it'll be free.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Cheers lads,using both of them at the moment but would also like the handiness of 13434.ie where you can just use an ordinary pstn line with out the need for pc's. Irish1 voipcheap would be spot on but he has'nt got an ATA at the moment so he would need to do it through his pc, but will defo be going down that route. So can anyone recommend a company like 13434.ie where you can use an ordinary fone prefix with there local number to ring Ireland from Aus?

Cubix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

cubix wrote:
    voipcheap would be spot on but he has'nt got an ATA at the moment so he would need to do it through his pc, but will defo be going down that route.
    Sorry, I don't know anything about services available in Australia, but I should point out that you don't need an ATA to use VoipCheap, even if you don't have a headset and microphone. The callback feature works very well, where you enter your phone number, and it calls your number, and then the number you want to talk to. They only charge you a 5c setup fee (up from 3c) if the numbers you are calling from and to are "free" numbers.

I actually haven't used my headset with Voipcheap for the last couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Yep callback works great but you still need a pc with internet access to setup the call.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

irish1 wrote:
    Yep callback works great but you still need a pc with internet access to setup the call.
    Yeah. It's be interesting to create a simple application that would check for an e-mail every minute, and set up a callback based on the e-mail. Then a quick text to the e-mail address could set up a call between the landline closest to me and the number I want to call.

Hmm. I wonder if the callback can be set up in a SIP transaction. I must look into that.

Advertisement