Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to turn off voicemail on 3

Options
  • 01-09-2006 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

I want to be able to turn off my voicemail on my 3 phone because when i dont want to be called from work and turn off my phone they leave a messsage and just assume i got it and freak if i dont call back. So if i turn off voicemail this wont happen.
    I used to be able to do it with vodafone but cant figure out how to do it on 3.
    Does anyone know by any chance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

JimmySmith wrote:
    I want to be able to turn off my voicemail on my 3 phone because when i dont want to be called from work and turn off my phone they leave a messsage and just assume i got it and freak if i dont call back. So if i turn off voicemail this wont happen.
    I used to be able to do it with vodafone but cant figure out how to do it on 3.
    Does anyone know by any chance?

Try diverting your calls to yourself, should never connect,

if you are 0831234567 enter *21*0831234567#

Enter #21# to cancel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

I just called 3 and asked them to switch it off.
    They did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Universal command to cancel all diverts ##002#snd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

Thanks guys.
    Maybe now i'll get some peace :)

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

JohnnieM wrote: »
    Universal command to cancel all diverts ##002#snd

This command should work with 3 but doesn't. Seems like the only way is to ring them.

• Advertisement

just rang 3 , on the phone for 20mins, the guy says all my diverts are cancelled but i still get voicemail when i test it, so the guys says there is something wrong with the three network, and issue has been escalated to the network team and should be resolved in 24/48 hours.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

##002# not working still
    when I sent it I got a confirmation that it worked, but when tested voice-mail was still active. any other ideas I don't have a hour to spend on the phone to customer support

i have been onto 3 customer service twice about this issue and it has not been resolved . 3 seem clueless about resolving it. I've given up and have gone back to vodafone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 suriyafrank

usually codes aren't work with 3. cos I was in intaly I had 3 network but them codes not work with 3 network not in uk not in italy.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

I ended up spending the hour on the phone with CS(not) and got the guy to say he was turning it off not sure what happened then, it was off for a while but then came back on not sure how long it was off for.
    the only solution I could come up with was to ask people not to leave a message in my greeting stating that it would be a waste of there time as I would not be listening to it. works for the most part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

Call 1913 again. I had to call about 5 times. Everytime a different CS rep was on the line, on the fifth try the guy finally knew what I wanted and sorted it in less then 2 minutes. The joys of 3's incompetent customer service...

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bopbuddy

howdy,
    had the same issue myself... had voicemail and i didn't want it
    i called 1913 got an Indian chappy who was very helpful and got everthing sorted in 5 mins... you can still leave messages by ringing a different number and entering a pin...don't know what alll that is about!
    tried it there and phone rang out until a lovely lady said the number was not contactable and it disconnected...no annoying text messages saying i have voicemail either

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Yep - couldn't believe I was being charged to access my voicemail so I followed the advice above (thanks to all ;)) and contacted 3 on 1913 and asked the representative to disable my voicemail system.
    She was indeed very helpful - just checked and the task was indeed completed!
    Bye, bye annoying voicemail!!!
    Apparently it is still possible for someone to leave a voicemail for me if they ring a certain 083 number, wait for a response and then enter my mobile number. I will then be notified (by text I assume) and to retreive I ring this same 083 number, enter my password and listen to the message. Needless to say, I won't be encouraging anyone to leave me a voice message in this way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Yep - couldn't believe I was being charged to access my voicemail so I followed the advice above (thanks to all ;)) and contacted 3 on 1913 and asked the representative to disable my voicemail system.
    She was indeed very helpful - just checked and the task was indeed completed!
    Bye, bye annoying voicemail!!!
    Apparently it is still possible for someone to leave a voicemail for me if they ring a certain 083 number, wait for a response and then enter my mobile number. I will then be notified (by text I assume) and to retreive I ring this same 083 number, enter my password and listen to the message. Needless to say, I won't be encouraging anyone to leave me a voice message in this way!

If you have an android or iphon, there is an app which is free, which gives you all your voicemails free too,
    Never looked back since installing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

Called three just now. Ten minutes later, phone off, battery out, back in again, switch on, voicemail gone..!

Advertisement