Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

under-age drinking-did you??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Mojito

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BrenC

I was 17 when I had my first pint, I didn't start drinking regularly till i was 18

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

My parents were really strict on the drink, so I could never get a drink at parties and the like, and although I am 20 now, I look about 17 (maybe younger) and I am always asked for ID :( (except at the local). Although I did sneek in the odd can or two, I never got a taste for beer until I went on holidays to spain and got pissed on strong local stuff for 1.50 a pint.

Because of this, I hated (and still do) people under 18 who can get served without ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Well, I'm 14, Yes, I drink, every second Friday night i will drink, whether it be six Dutch gold or a naggin of vodka.

The thing about me is that my friends get drunk easier than me. If I drink the same amount as them, they will be staggering and I will be Merry on it. That way, I get drunk, but not enough to make a fool of myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

julep wrote:
    in regards to how much you could drink; i and most of my friends got drunk on very little and we were glad of it too because we were all fairly poor. we actually congratulated the person who could get drunk on the least amount of cans.

When I said I drank less, I meant less often. Although It didn't really take much to get me buzzing in my younger years, I'd be completely pissed after a nagan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I was a good teenager and didnt go knacker drinking or anything. I couldnt even go to pubs when I was 18 as nowhere would serve me even with ID . So my youth was pretty sheltered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Yup, cant remember exact age but around 15 i think. Same formular every weekend for many years, Bottle of brandy, 2litre coke and one massive house party :D. I had loads of fun during my teen years, dont regret any of it. Funny thing is my mom had no idea any of it was going on, probably in denial. lol

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nightwish wrote:
    I couldnt even go to pubs when I was 18 as nowhere would serve me even with ID.
    Can you go now? Or do you have to get a big boy to buy you drinks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Well the last time I went drinking there was a boy getting me drunk. And the doorman did nearly keel over when I told him my age :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Got served in a Bar when I was twelve :eek: so the answer would be yes!

Didnt really get drunk until I was about 16 though, such a good boy I am :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Nightwish wrote:
    I couldnt even go to pubs when I was 18 as nowhere would serve me even with ID
    Looked like a trouble maker?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Irregardless of that sexy sexy boy, it is funny to try and see some girls try to get in because they look 16. A certain 26 year old I used to live with had a lot of trouble before, especially as she got her age wrong, saying she was 24.
    Apparantly, 'the years just fly by'.

Do people prefer to look younger than they are? I would.
    I suppose it would be a pain trying to get in and being asked for id again, but meh.
    Looked like a trouble maker?
    Aye, she looked like a punk ass bitch...or about 14. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Do people prefer to look younger than they are? I would.
    i'm looking forward to that distinguished look.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dunne.Drift

bump up the owl thread :)

started when i was 14/15 at a 18th party free drink all night so that was me absoutly fudges for my first time proper drinkin and didnt get sick!

never got sick since and im a wild drinker, just keep drinkin one after another....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Didn't everyone?

I started mildly at 16

Picked up more at 17

And currently at 18 im on the sauce way too much

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

12, pissed on 2 cans of Ritz and a can of Scrumpy. It did put me off it for a few years though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I waited til I was 18.
    Works out well for me, as it means I don't have to dig up old threads...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

I reckon i was about 15 casually drinking occasionally sneaky drink here and there. At 16 drinking from time to time with mates and when i turned 17 i used a fake ID to go out - even got into a club that was 21's at the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Tom Trojan

Never! Goes back to singing "21 bottles of beer on the wall..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I can't remember the first time I drank an alcoholic drink. It was always treated pretty naturally in our house. It was never built up as some big thing that should be kept until your 18th birthday. To be honest, I think it's better that way. You never really form any kind of fascination with getting drunk or going out. It's just something that you do because you enjoy a drink, rather than something you do in order to get drunk.

A good friend of mine was not allowed to drink until her 18th birthday. She's almost two years older than me. I've point blank refused to go on a night out with her again having had one too many nights of babysitting her, pulling her hair back while she puked and fighting sleazy guys off of her because she's too drunk to stand by herself! It's just not on.

So in my opinion, it served me well that my parents treated alcohol as something normal and something that was to be occasionally enjoyed rather than exploited. Then again, it's not fair to generalise. Different strokes and all that jazz ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dunne.Drift

Nacker drinkin FTMFW :D

getting those chases of the local gards that they knew who exactly we are just gas....

now the girl garda (used to be absoluty bi***s) just drive up and say lads keep it down a bit will yas and move up the field a bit... but the fellas are screw balls, they go through everything on us :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Two weeks before my 15th birthday was when I had my first pint. And it was served to me over the counter! LOL. Ah the good old theatre club in Limerick!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Well,not used to as such...more in progress!i started about a year ago..tis great craic altogether...i drink buckfast most of the time..i even stared to enjoy the taste:eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Well,not used to as such...more in progress!i started about a year ago..tis great craic altogether...i drink buckfast most of the time..i even stared to enjoy the taste:eek:

Buckfast?
    Well, at least you're taking the under-age tradition seriously...

Getting blind drunk FTL

iv started buliding a resistence to it tho!!!...ah sure what else im i gonna drink??...a nice chardonay??...Buckfast is so handy tho!!..its a wonder drink.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

iv started buliding a resistence to it tho!!!...ah sure what else im i gonna drink??...a nice chardonay??...Buckfast is so handy tho!!..its a wonder drink.

Beer? Strong cider if you want to get pished quickly also

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    Beer? Strong cider if you want to get pished quickly also

Nick

Is it appropriate for posters to be advising under-age boardsies on how best to get drunk? :rolleyes:

An File wrote: »
    Is it appropriate for posters to be advising under-age boardsies on how best to get drunk? :rolleyes:
    Thanks Grandad

nd yoyo..i started on cider...then moved 2 Buckfast!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

An File wrote: »
    Was listing two "examples", wasn't encouraging it :pac: , but yeah my post did seem that way :P

Nick

• Advertisement

yoyo wrote: »
    Was listing two "examples", wasn't encouraging it :pac: , but yeah my post did seem that way :P

Nick
    well in fairness twas pretty **** advice!!:p..i mean come on..

Advertisement