Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

video jumping

• 01-09-2006 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi there, i was wondering if anyone could give me a hand, I used Ulead MediaStudio Pro 8.0 for the first time today to capture, then edit a video taken from a JVC mini-DV camcorder. I then burned the finished product onto a DVD using nero. But i found when I was watching it back on my DVD player it was jumping the whole time. I'm no expert and I don't know all the terminology but it was like the frames weren't put together properly, it wasn't flowing video for want of a better word! :( I was just wondering does anybody know did I use the wrong settings or what? :confused:
    Thanks, Ian.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

can you elaborate more on what you mean by 'jumping'. possible a field dominace problem. When you took the video in, did it mention anything about field ordering like upper or lower (or possible, bottom or top) field first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Day-wanna-wonga

Was the "finished product" jumping before it was burnt? At what stage of your editing/authoring process did the jumping start?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ianwalsh2

What I mean by jumping is the video isn't continuous, the picture quality itself is perfect and the sound is continuous, but the video seems to jump from frame to frame, or as if there's a frame missing. It's hard to explain!

No it was jumping before I burned so i suppose that means it wasn't the burning process that was the problem. I captured the video as .avi and it's not jumping, so I reckon myself I didn't have the right settings for saving the "finished product" as an MPEG. If anybody has any experience with using this particular program (Ulead MediaStudio Pro 8.0), would you be able to tell me the settings you use for saving your edited video for burning? I suppose the best idea would be for me to experiment myself and learn from my mistakes, but if anyone could help me it'd be greatly appreciated! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭krissrodriguez

probably you captured the video as an mpeg capture instead of avi (dv) uncompressed. Your computer beeing not too fast (processor, ram or hdd transfer speed) skipped some frames just to concentrate more on encoding on the fly (real-time). U should first make the capture as AVI-DV and after convert that movie in to mpeg2 dvd compatible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

I had a similar problem. Turned out my hard drive need to be defragged.
    I defragged it, copied my source clips to a new directory, then re-editted with the new location files. all worked fine in the end. May not be the source of your problem, but worth a try

• Advertisement
Advertisement