Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

venue recommendations?

Options
  • 01-09-2006 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

need a venue that holds around 100 people....im drawing a blank and just need a few ideas to get me thinking.fairly central and easily accessible (the odd few steps are fine) for a gran! :D somewhere kind of different too would be cool..
    thanks a million...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I would suggest the kilmurry lodge. you mention that the event is for your gran. I can assure you that the Kilmurry has zero steps, and if ye plan on staying there the night they have an elevator so she wouldn't have any difficulty.

It is not really central but if ye book a mini bus to take ye there and back you will find that it is well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

I would suggest the kilmurry lodge. you mention that the event is for your gran. I can assure you that the Kilmurry has zero steps, and if ye plan on staying there the night they have an elevator so she wouldn't have any difficulty.

LOL i shouldve made the post a bit clearer!! its a going away for myself and my boyfriend and his gran would feel awfully left out if she couldnt get to the party so its important that we can get her in :) most of all it has to be somewhere that we like so the kilmurray isnt really our cup of tea.
    thanks for the tip though!! much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

sorry about that, i thought your gran might have been disabled due to old age or something.

sorry about that, i thought your gran might have been disabled due to old age or something.

oh god! sorry if i sounded rude. she had a fall a couple of years ago and broke her hip so she can get around but not very fast!
    ergh, im a scatterbrain tonight so sorry if ive confused ya or seem like an utter cow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Upstairs in Dolans can hold around 80 or so, pretty good spot, stairs could be problem.

• Advertisement

Upstairs in Dolans can hold around 80 or so, pretty good spot, stairs could be problem.

before i even said the words "upstairs at dolans" it was vetoed! LOL :) dang those stairs and their...stair-ness! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

The Locke have a function room, it's pretty much ground floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

The Locke have a function room, it's pretty much ground floor.

Yup , in at the back on the left , my sister had a party there a few years back and it was perfect .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

Jerry O Deas next to the jail have a lovely function room as does the Davin arms on the ennis road or the woodfield on the ennis road. Pretty sure Bentleys next to Teds has a upstairs room too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

The Boat Club on the bridge. (the one above road level) has a decent sized function room

• Advertisement

thanks everyone for your help..the place i originally had wanted is available again so im sorted!
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭The Long Fellow

for future reference, Nestors on O'Connell st has a good private room downstairs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

...and Eddie Rockets do the catering for them. :D:D:D

Advertisement