Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Did I Just See Colin Farrell?

Options
  • 02-09-2006 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭

Could have sworn I saw Colin Farrell earlier tonight driving over Capel Street Bridge in a Black 03 Boxster. If it wasn't him, he sure looked damn like him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

With the greatest of respect, is that really worth a new thread in Motors?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,967 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Possibly, he lives here from time to time, comes from here. wouldnt be too strange to see him.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

eo980 wrote:
    Could have sworn I saw Colin Farrell earlier tonight driving over Capel Street Bridge in a Black 03 Boxster. If it wasn't him, he sure looked damn like him.

You would think that with the money he has he would be driving something a bit newer than a 3 year old entry level Porsche? :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Sorry, that was me. I was driving my sisters boxster on capel street earlier. She's a hairdresser. I make a living as a successful Colin Farrell looky likey and I use her car when I show up to my gigs. Makes me look the part.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Anan1 wrote:

Well I thought so, as it was car related. I don't really give a flying monkey's if it was him or not, I was more commenting on the car he (if it was he) was driving.
    FX Meister wrote:
    Sorry, that was me. I was driving my sisters boxster on capel street earlier. She's a hairdresser. I make a living as a successful Colin Farrell looky likey and I use her car when I show up to my gigs. Makes me look the part.

Indeedio Sir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

FX Meister wrote:
    Prove it....I don't believe you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This is an AH thread if ever there was one.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

For some reason I doubt Farrell can drive or even holds a licence...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

pburns wrote:
    For some reason I doubt Farrell can drive or even holds a licence...

Clearly you have not seen Miami Vice :rolleyes:

ive seen him getting out of the drivers seat of a range rover on the news recently so i presume he drives one of those at least

• Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

mike65 wrote:
    This is an AH thread if ever there was one.

Mike.

Ahh not really Mike. As was mentioned, I was surprised to see him driving such a car. Thought it would have been something more expensive or cooler. I've never been a fan of the Boxster.

Sure if your not happy, move it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

eo980 wrote:
    Ahh not really Mike. As was mentioned, I was surprised to see him driving such a car. Thought it would have been something more expensive or cooler. I've never been a fan of the Boxster.

Well considering Mike O' Leary drives a 5 yr old merc and is arguably worth multiples of Farrell I wouldn't think so.

Often the über-geldy also don't have an interest in what they drive as long as it fits the bill as regards 2/4/6/8 seats, coupe/mpv/tourer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

ninty9er wrote:
    Well considering Mike O' Leary drives a 5 yr old merc and is arguably worth multiples of Farrell I wouldn't think so.

Often the über-geldy also don't have an interest in what they drive as long as it fits the bill as regards 2/4/6/8 seats, coupe/mpv/tourer

Very often people with REAL money don't feel the need to impress. I know a guy in the motor trade (amongst other things) worth millions who rags about in old pick-ups and jumps into whatever Toyota/Nissan/VW is about the yard for social occasions... He chuckles recounting blokes coming in to spend major bucks (maybe close to 6 figures) who have to worry about finance...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Agreed. My uncles Business partner drove an early 80s W123 into the mid 90s and still has a 97 Avensis. More than you might expect of a main Toyota dealer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

it's his brother eamon that drives the porsche...
    colineamonnrd4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭junii

pburns wrote:
    Very often people with REAL money don't feel the need to impress. I know a guy in the motor trade (amongst other things) worth millions who rags about in old pick-ups and jumps into whatever Toyota/Nissan/VW is about the yard for social occasions... He chuckles recounting blokes coming in to spend major bucks (maybe close to 6 figures) who have to worry about finance...

Thats exactly why they have money. A wise man indeed.

At the end of the day anyway, its all about ego and social class isn't it and neither of these things bring happiness.

Id still love to have loads of money myself though. Id also love to drive a BMW coupe but it will be me that owns it not a bank when I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

steve06 wrote:
    it's his brother eamon that drives the porsche...
    colineamonnrd4.jpg

That's the one, lives on Tritonville Road, always parked up there at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

yup that's the one, think his skin & blister drives a Z4 and one or other of them (probably his oul'wan) drives an SL n all n anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Anan1 wrote:

IMHO, it should read
    Anan1 wrote:
    With the greatest of respect, is that really worth a new thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

ircoha wrote:
    IMHO, it should read
    I agree, will we leave it now....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I thought I saw Farreller driving a Boxster with a taxi sign on the roof in the bus lane on a Sunday, being tailed by four carloads of female cadet Gardai, but it turned out I was wrong.

It was a Z3.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

My dad also said he pulled up beside him on ailsbury road the other week in some form of merc I think so he must be floating around somewhere.

Advertisement