Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird oc issue

• 02-09-2006 1:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭

I've been havin weird issues with my net adapter conserning my oc since yest. Happened yest eve & twice 2day. Sometimes when i cold start my net adapter shows up as "net cable unplugged" but when i clear cmos & reset the oc identically to before it shows up. I suspected it was a coruption of the bios so i followed the following procedure:
    Flashed 3 times in dos
    cleared cmos
    loaded optimum defaults
    cleared cmos once again
    then set oc.

its working ok now, till next time, but i dunno how i fixed it.
    my oc settings are as follows:
    fsb 355
    vcore 1.45v
    nb 1.6v
    dram 2.15v
    Ram 667mhz @ 4-4-4-12
    divider 4:5
    pci-e 101

Does any1 have any ideas? This sh1t is really wreckin me head :confused: Its a complete pain in the arse to have to keep clearin cmos & resettin oc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

you mean net adapter as your dsl box or ethernet port on back off board.

it may not be your oc it may be a setting in your bios over ethernet or somtin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

The ethernet connection on the board. I'm on wireless bb here. Got them to ping my receiver this morn & they said all was ok from their side. Told me to restart a few times to see if it corrected itself. I restarted 3-4 times & it didnt work, but as soon as i cleared cmos and booted windows in default it worked. Strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

maybe you should try and update your firmware for your wireless router

Ok, i'm still having issues, but i'm certain the prob is with my service provider. There's absolutely nothin wrong wit this pc :D . Couldn't connect this morn, but got it eventually. Everytime i tried to connect, it said my username & password were invalid. I'll ring them again mon morn. They have a habbit of blamin peoples pc's, did it to me before last yr, when i knew the probs were theirs. Last Mile broadband, i'd never recommend them. I seemed to know a lot more than the technician they had talking to me on the fone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

can I ask you what led you to the conclusion your BIOS was corrupted?

• Advertisement

Cos my hd led, & pwr led stopped working the other day. Pc defaulted to stock a few times also, didn't hold the oc. Then the net adapter started showing up as "net cable unplugged". So many strange issues. Still no hd led or pwr led.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

the whole wirless bb isnt a good idea, my aunt has it and it she can only connect 60% of the time and shes tied to a 12 month contract :confused:

Don't have any other alternatives down ere where i am.

Advertisement