Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Officials

• 02-09-2006 8:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

I thought this would be interesting and may get a few laughs going.

I would like to talk about the Irish officials AND HOW DIRE THEY ARE.

Last night we had another example in Dalyer wher Buttimer and the linesman gave a goal that never even crossed the line. :confused:

We had a similar incident in Bray a few weeks back where BOHS scored a complete howler which went in, hit the back of the net, and bounced out.

The fine Mr, Alan Kelly gave a goal kick :confused:

Speaking to some of you good people on here you all have a story about an official and your club.

So lets hear em' oh and for added comedic value add a :confused: after it.

Thanks.

EDIT Some evidence of last nights 'goal' http://www.irishfootballonline.com/news_images/06/bohs_drogs2/second_goal_big.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

video refs simple!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

pp_me129 wrote:
    video refs simple!

pp_me129...im only looking for exacmples. Not solutions. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

pp_me129 wrote:
    video refs simple!

HEHE theres barely a camera at EL games as it is, until Aldi do another video camera thats not going to happen.

Examples this could be a long post.

Few weeks ago we got a free goal vs Sligo, ball went out for a goal kick ref waved away linesman Quigly crossed Keegan scored, if the sligo fans had of seen it they would have went mental.

Last night Missus Lineswoman gave away free corners for no apparent reason, Keegan screaming "what ****ing game are you watching missus " is now classic :D

Bohs seem to have issues with goals maybe they should get a ice Hockey style thing on the goal posts.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

KdjaCL wrote:
    HEHE theres barely a camera at EL games as it is, until Aldi do another video camera thats not going to happen.

Few weeks ago we got a free goal vs Sligo, ball went out for a goal kick ref waved away linesman Quigly crossed Keegan scored, if the sligo fans had of seen it they would have went mental.

Last night Missus Lineswoman gave away free corners for no apparent reason, Keegan screaming "what ****ing game are you watching missus " is now classic :D

Bohs seem to have issues with goals maybe they should get a ice Hockey style thing on the goal posts.

kdjac

lol

KdjaCL wrote:

kdjac

Haha yeah a big siren and flashing light for teh refs.

Why the feck did Ronah (missus) want to be a lineswoman in the eircom league, nutter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

TheGooner wrote:

Why the feck did Ronah (missus) want to be a lineswoman in the eircom league, nutter.

To have hundreds of passionate men behind her fighting to get to her, possibly misread a line in Mills and Boons football factory books.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Remember the classic incident (classic as in it happens all the feckin time) at Dalymount two weeks ago, where the linesman gave offside, but the ref didn't even bother to look over and so allowed play to go on. Cue a very poor tackle and a yellow card, before the ref finally realises the flag is up.

Result: Ah sure I'll ignore the offside even happened in the first place.

And of course there was the incident in the Shels -v- Drogs game last season when the linesman gave offside and played on, Shels stopped playing but the referee overruled the offside. Drogs scored.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Remember the classic incident (classic as in it happens all the feckin time) at Dalymount two weeks ago, where the linesman gave offside, but the ref didn't even bother to look over and so allowed play to go on. Cue a very poor tackle and a yellow card, before the ref finally realises the flag is up.

Result: Ah sure I'll ignore the offside even happened in the first place.

And of course there was the incident in the Shels -v- Drogs game last season when the linesman gave offside and played on, Shels stopped playing but the referee overruled the offside. Drogs scored.

is that the one where the whole team where pointing at the lines man who then lowered his flag then shot it back up to screams from teh jodi?

Hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

TheGooner wrote:
    is that the one where the whole team where pointing at the lines man who then lowered his flag then shot it back up to screams from teh jodi?

Hilarious.

Thats the one! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Drogheda getting a penalty against Bohs despite it being clearly 3-4 yards outside the box in Drogheda. I didnt see the game but the 9 yellows and 2 reds given to Bohs players by Stokes to Shels 1 yellow was way over the top in the league cup game by all accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

pp_me129 wrote:
    video refs simple!

You'd think so but knowing them they'd probably end up taping Coronation St. by accident.

Have to say it was a bizarre decision last night. The ball wasn't even on the line let alone over it. :(

Advertisement