Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iboga Ibogaine

• 02-09-2006 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I have been reading about this treatment lately that cures among other things heroin, cocaine, and alcohol addiction. It is a "one shot" treatment that has had allot of success. However because it produces hallucinogenic effects it is schedule I and illegal in the US and also in Sweden (and other places). However in the UK it is not.

I first found out about ibogaine/ iboga watching a documentary about it on UK television back in 2004 (Channel 4 or BBC I think). I then researched on the net and bought several books about it ("Breaking Open the Head" by Daniel Pinchbeck and a many others.)

Just to be clear I am not looking to get into a drug debate or ethical discussion. I am not looking to "score" or "get high". Nevermind my username it's the name I use for graphic design and photography. If I wanted to do that, I live in Dublin; I wouldn't need a forum's help ;-)

However I would like to know if this drug (1) Ibogaine is legal in Eire, if so where one could (2) find treatment or (3) purchase the drug? (4)Do you know a UK facility that provides this treatment? (5) Have you yourself had any experiences with this treatment?

Thanks for any help you could provide.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Consult your GP or pharm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 gorgeousjunkie

Yeah, 'ol Dr. Murphy is not gonna know about this controversial and bleeding edge treatment. I am not looking for the HSE to subsidize it. These facilities operate outside of conventional established parameters. I need personal experience and personal knowledge. Thanks anyway Blue Lagoon.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Go to your doctor or a clinic and ask them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement