Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pc to TV

Options
  • 02-09-2006 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

Guys,

I want to prop my spare machine up beside my tv and output movies from it on to my tv screen. A friend of mine has recommended a 128mb graohics card with svideo output. Would it be possible to get away with a 64mb card?

I am completely lost when it comes to this and want to keep costs to a minimum.

Cheers

Jumpa

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The on-board RAM has no bearing on outputting a picture to the TV.

If you want a "little" future proofing just get something like this & you should be sorted (assuming you are using AGP). Because if you ever catch the HTPC bug you will need a Direct-X 9 class graphics card like the one I linked to in order to use something like Windows Media Center Edition.

There are alternative methods of getting a picture to the TV, Maplins supposedly sell a VGA-Scart cable and Lindy also sell a converter that will convert VGA into composite, s-video and scart for easy convenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Cheers mate.

The converters are way out of my price bracket. I never even thought about checking Komplett, didnt think their cards would go as low as 40eur. I actually have tv out on my regular machine so i might just swap that card and see how it goes for the moment.

Ultimately what I want to do is get in a wireless router and use the second machine for downloading, storing and burning movies which will leave me free to browse on this.

Advertisement