Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilcullen - wireless mast?

Options
  • 02-09-2006 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭

Hi

I live near Kilcullen (Kildare) and want to get wireless broadband.

I've been talking to icecomms and they say they're in the process of installing a mast for our area for wireless.

Can anyone tell me if this is actually happening ? Or does anyone know of any other wireless providers that serve the area ?

Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

Does anyone in the area use Leinster Broadband wireless ?

What's it like in terms of speed/uptime ?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭pdw

Icecomms have gone to the dogs and the after sales service is terrible.

I have had nothing but crap connections for the last month.

According to the website it has upgraded its service to 2mb downstream.

That is why I am using a dial up modem again guys!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Fukwrk

Try Irish Broadband... They have a mast in Newbridge and another in Kildare...
    01-2411401

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 DonalMcTavish

Whatever you do dont get broadband from ice.
    Dial up is better than the service i am getting from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Fukwrk wrote:
    Try Irish Broadband... They have a mast in Newbridge and another in Kildare...
    01-2411401

Subtle.....

Please note not to use the IBB office ip next time you shill. This is your only warning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Asok wrote:
    Subtle.....

Please note not to use the IBB office ip next time you shill. This is your only warning.

:)

Anyway, I'm in NAas and got a call from Digiweb saying that they are now in Naas with Metro. They might have reached Kilcullin too. Might be worth giving them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 fergal40

These guys told me the same when I tried and GAVE an order
    I live near Clane/ Caragh

I live near Kilcullen (Kildare) and want to get wireless broadband.

I've been talking to icecomms and they say they're in the process of installing a mast for our area for wireless.

Can anyone tell me if this is actually happening ? Or does anyone know of any other wireless providers that serve the area ?

Thanks ![/QUOTE]

Advertisement