Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tracii Guns vs. LA Guns Battle Rages On

• 02-09-2006 12:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

As far as im aware, this whole thing started when Tracii couldnt get back into the line up he left in 2003, having being eventually replaced full time by Stacey Blades (he was also temp replaced by Brent Muscat and Keri Kelli) and when Brides of Destruction bombed...so instead of following up a 2nd album with a 3rd, he found the guys who originally played on the demos of the first album (no, not Axl Rose and Ole Beich (RIP)) Paul 'I'm so ****ed up on drugs i was fired' Black and Nickey 'Beat' Alexander

Black co-wrote the band's fan favorites and Alexander played all drum tracks on the classic self-titled debut album for Polygram Records. The band released a CD, titled "The Black List", earlier this year, which is a collection of previously unreleased recordings of L.A. GUNS standards from 1986 and 1987, and is currently recording new material for release in early 2007.

Tracii hopes to eliminate confusion between his version of L.A. GUNS and any other act using the name. "As for myself, Paul, Nicky and Jeremy, don't expect any empty clubs," Guns says. "Upon announcing our project we were immediately booked onto special event shows such as festivals in Trinidad with SCORPIONS."

Continues Tracii: "If you want to hear the hits performed by the artists who actually wrote them and played authentically by the guitarist who formed the band (not to mention the fact that the band is NAMED AFTER ME) as well as the original vocalist and the drummer that played on the hits then please, by all means DO NOT confuse the two groups. I have surrounded myself with a team of positive, established professionals from management to the band itself who believe in the project and are ready to rock!"

L.A. GUNS 20th anniversary shows:

Sep. 02 - Denver, CO @ Taste of Colorado
    Sep. 09 - Burnsville, MN @ Prime Ticket
    Sep. 16 - Santa Ana, CA @ Galaxy Theatre
    Sep. 17 - Hollywood, CA @ Key Club
    Sep. 23 - Trinidad, West Indies @ Rock for Life Festival
    Oct. 13 - Cordova, ARG @ Captain Blue
    Oct. 14 - Rosario, ARG @ Zona de Nadie
    Oct. 15 - Buenos Aires, ARG @ El Teatro Colegiales
    Oct. 21 - Los Angeles, CA @ Club Scream
    Oct. 27 - Farmington, NM @ Big City
    Oct. 28 - Aurora, CO @ Hubbas
    Oct. 31 - Madison, WI @ The Warehouse
    Nov. 18 - Springfield, VA @ Jaxx
    Nov. 26 - Little Rock, AR @ Hall of Industry

The fact that his son is in the band makes me think this is a pathethic attempt by Tracii to regain some leverage over a good, decent, band featuring a stable line up and decent players

Visit www.myspace.com/lagunsnet for the real band

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭360*

just go away tracy, sorry things did nor work out for you in brides but we don't care that these guys were the orginal members. the only voice of guns is phil and besides what did any of these guys do after not being part of guns? right the same thing you did nothing!at least the guys using the name have put out a great record unlike your group.if you remeer you tried using another singer on american hardcore and it sucked and so will this version so just give it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Day-wanna-wonga

360* wrote:
    just go away tracy, sorry things did nor work out for you in brides but we don't care that these guys were the orginal members. the only voice of guns is phil and besides what did any of these guys do after not being part of guns? right the same thing you did nothing!at least the guys using the name have put out a great record unlike your group.if you remeer you tried using another singer on american hardcore and it sucked and so will this version so just give it up
    I don't think he's reading your post, so talking directly to him is pointless. Try just expressing your opinion to other forum members.

Advertisement