Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New assault rifle for US spec ops

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I'd be surprised on the FN 5-7. 357SIG was only recently adopted by them, and I've not seen anything to say it's going out of service. I'm on enough firearms boards I would have thought I'd have heard something by now, but I'll have a 'search'

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

traditionally what the wing wants,it gets so i'd say this could well happen

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I read that piece about the Fn 5.7 in the Oct. issue of Guns & Ammo:
    "The adoption of a U.S. Government version could have something to do with reports that the U.S. Secret Service, among other law enforcement agencies, has adopted both the P-90 and the 5.7 USG. FNH USA, understandably, does not comment as to which agencies or governments have adopted this series of weapons."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭coyote6

I've read that the US Secret Service has started adopting FN 5.7 as their sidearms,along with the P-90.Anyone have any experience with that?

I've seen and fondled the P90 and 5.7 at a trade show but I've not shot either. I like the compact size of the P90 but I haven't studied the performance much. A few associates have mentioned issues with over penetration with the round but by no means take this as authorative.
    There have been whispers of "banning" or controlling the FN 5.7 (handgun) due to penetration of soft body armor.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

That the USSS has the P90 in its inventory is not news, neither is it news that they have some Five-seveNs. There's a difference between adopting the weapon, and having it replace whatever as the standard issue sidearm.

NTM

• Advertisement

Can't really comment beyond what i read in the aforementioned article,but it's looks to be a good piece of kit.Unfortunately haven't trained with it to date.Someday....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭komsomol

I love the way people on this board constantly quote weapons from the game counter-strike.

co-incidental?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

i dont like the kinda deserty style of it, however the black version looks awsome

It's probably only going to be issued in the tan,in accordance with the Army's policy

Advertisement