Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

06 peugeot 206

Options
  • 02-09-2006 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi can anybody tell me what kinda money I would sell a 06' Peugeot 206 with alloys,lexus lights,spoiler and petrol cap included?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

probably around 14k without having a look at Carzone. Use the fact that the 207 has now come on stream to bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

and petrol cap included?

Do you not normally sell your car with a petrol cap?????? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

ninty9er wrote:
    probably around 14k without having a look at Carzone. Use the fact that the 207 has now come on stream to bargain

I think she's selling, not buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Oops, sorry there.

still the fact the 207 has been launched won't help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Hi can anybody tell me what kinda money I would sell a 06' Peugeot 206 with alloys,lexus lights,spoiler and petrol cap included?

Take off the stick-on parts and put the standard ones back on. It is bound to put more people off than attract people to the car.

Even Lexus don't bother with Lexus lights anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

According to carzone you can buy a brand new one for around €15k so a used 06 model being usold privately should be going for in or around €12.5k my estimate.

Personally I would get rid of the Lexus lights and put the original lights back on. Lexus lights on anything other than a Lexus may put off some potential buyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It should make around €11k 1.4 doesn't help things

She's got it on eBay now, with a buy-it-now price of €14,995. This is exactly the list price of a new one. There are none so blind...

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Peugeot-206_W0QQitemZ270025594533QQihZ017QQcategoryZ9859QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

Bring the car back to original condition. Loose the muck.

Even boy-racers don't want to buy what looks like another boy or girl-racer's cast off. They want a car that looks like it has been cared for by an old dear to "classily personalise" in their own way.

Sell the accessories on buyandsell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Do you not normally sell your car with a petrol cap?????? :)

that'll be the next thing on the optional extras list :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

ah, the depreciation of a french car.... she probably ows 15k min on the finance still.... poor girl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

if you have the original lights put them back asap and take off that sun visor - it's really really tacky.

nobody in their right mind will pay more than €11,500. Time to bite the bullet and price the car realistically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

draffodx wrote:
    that'll be the next thing on the optional extras list :D

Don't laugh... As far as I can see indicators are an optional extra on Mercs and Volvos.

:cool:

Don't laugh... As far as I can see indicators are an optional extra on Mercs and Volvos.

:cool:

only use is optional !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

steve06 wrote:
    ah, the depreciation of a french car.... she probably ows 15k min on the finance still.... poor girl

First year depreciation on any car is huge, French or not.

the problem is that all peugeot dealers will have hire drives and demos. these will be maintained to a certain standard, and will be sold with the option of finance and a trade in. there are no shortage of low mileage 206's. so to entice a buyer away from a dealer, the private seller must sell the car cheaper than the dealers do. Advertising the car at pretty much the list price (before the 207 came out) will not sell the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

the 206 is dead by now,its an old model,it must be 7 years old by now,i would keep away from it and get something that looks NEW

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Its still nice than the 207 IMO, maybe the 207 just needs time to grow on me.

First bid set to 10k and the reserve above that...It'll never sell. Either keep it another year or two or else cut your loses and advertise it for 12kono

• Advertisement
Advertisement