Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guardian article: How to be an 'ordinary, decent' muslim

• 02-09-2006 1:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone!

I've been away for a couple of days but now I'm back.

Found this link in my e-mail this morning. Pretty funny but also quite sad because a lot of it is true.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,1861509,00.html

The link to Full coverage - Muslim Britain in the related articles section seems pretty interesting too. Read a couple of articles from there and they weren't too bad a read.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

Crap article. WHat I find most interesting is that they are still trying to push the old lie that Matterazi called Zidanes mother a "terrorist whore"........11 Whiteboy Catholics outplayed Zidanes Afro-Muslim outfit that night. Why can't people live with it.? Why the need to pretend they know what was said? Zidanes silence is good enuff proof that NOTHING was said.

PS, who are all these great Muslim athletes? Amir Khan...HA! He's nothing.

Islam punches under its weight in sports.

Did anybody see that pathetic display by the {imported Africans} "Saudi" team in the World Cup? When they scored they all prayed toards Mecca.

They only scored against....Tunisia.

Pathetic really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Bloody funny article :) .

Nothing more hideous and pathetic than a secular sympathizer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

What do you mean by that comment IT Loser?

Btw, you are familar with Satire? If not go look it up in a dictionary.

I mean, there is nothing more pathetic than a secular sympathiser.

A man who preaches religious tolerance, but who has no religion of his own.

Who better to preach religious tolerance than someone who practices a Religion.

Practice What You Preach....thats what I say.

• Advertisement

Hobbes wrote:
    What do you mean by that comment IT Loser?

Btw, you are familar with Satire? If not go look it up in a dictionary.

BTW there's no need for that tone ....."go look it up in a dictionary".....the Guardian is RENOWNED for its Pro-Islamic sentiment.

Oh...Hobbesy has cleared off for the night. So be it. He must be gone to look something up in a dictionary. Word.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

IT Loser wrote:

Abuse against any religious beliefs is not tolerated in any of the religion forums, that includes the beliefs of those with no religion.

It's perfectly okay to explore such beliefs, including from a postion of disagreement with them, but that's off-topic in the Islam forum.

Back on the topic, read that article over breakfast the other day, was indeed very drole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭the_new_mr

IT Loser wrote:

Can I take it then that you do not preach religious tolerance based on your statements?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MeditationMom

by Tallisien-It's perfectly okay to explore such beliefs, including from a postion of disagreement with them, but that's off-topic in the Islam forum.

:confused: Is this sarcasm, or is it indeed a rule on the Islam forum, that it is off-topic to disagree. Is disagreement with Mohammed or the Qu'ran automatically considered abuse to Muslims? Sorry, I am new around here and want to make sure I don't disrepect the rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭the_new_mr

Best read the Forum Charter to be sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

If you want to discuss the forum rules please use the forum charter thread. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

lol, enjoyed the original article. Well written piece of satire.

---
    IT Loser wrote:

No, the 'best' person to teach religious tolerance is a persuasive person. :)

Advertisement