Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Well... there she goes.

despite win against Bears and a .500 season Packers do no make playoffs.

Unusually,but not NOW so unusual, their home record did them.

They were very poor in Lambeau,however its the losses to St. Louis,and Buffalo that did the damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭csk

There she goes indeed, t'is a pity.

So, will that be Farve's last game, will he stay or will he go?

More to the point, should he stay or should he go?

And who will replace him if he does go? 16 (I think) in the draft is not exactly ideal for picking up the next generation quarter back. Are there any good free agents due on the market, or is Rodgers up to much?

If he does go, I for one will be sad, an absolute legend and one of the reasons I started watching the sport in the first place. I loved his (at times overly) reckless style. I remember one play where he was tackled round the legs, then hit up high and as he was falling, still somehow shovel passed out to the RB who missed his block , RB made 15 yards on a 3rd and ten. Any other QB would have just taken the sack but not Farve, pure genius.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭The jock

csk wrote:
    There she goes indeed, t'is a pity.

So, will that be Farve's last game, will he stay or will he go?

More to the point, should he stay or should he go?

And who will replace him if he does go? 16 (I think) in the draft is not exactly ideal for picking up the next generation quarter back. Are there any good free agents due on the market, or is Rodgers up to much?

If he does go, I for one will be sad, an absolute legend and one of the reasons I started watching the sport in the first place. I loved his (at times overly) reckless style. I remember one play where he was tackled round the legs, then hit up high and as he was falling, still somehow shovel passed out to the RB who missed his block , RB made 15 yards on a 3rd and ten. Any other QB would have just taken the sack but not Farve, pure genius.

I think he will go.He said in a revent interview that he thinks that the team is on its way back and that the 8-8 record doesnt justify the team at all.he said there a long way from being a contender yet.They need to develop more and free agent and draft picks will be crucial.He said they need time and thats one thing I dont have.I think he should go out on a high beating the bears.He also said on that interview with John Madden he wouldnt come back for Stats or money.So I would say he will retire.As for the Packers.Ingle Martin beat Rodgers for back QB during the last few weeks of the season and came on for Favre in the end of the game against the bears.Martin is a scrambling QB who they will probally go with next season if Favre is gone.They will get a vetern QB someone like testeverdie or a Drew Bledsoe for example to back up the kid and mentor him.In the offseason they need (1) a receiving Tight End (2) Runing Back(If Green doesnt resign which he will only do so if Favre is back) (3) a WR to help Driver and Jennings (4) Cornerback which is much needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

The jock wrote:
    Ingle Martin beat Rodgers for back QB during the last few weeks season.

Rodgers was placed on Injured reserve on Nov 21st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I was listening to WTMJ -Milwaukee on the sports segment and the dude there seemed to think Favre would be back.Make that " Might":D

Apparently his ankle surgery has bee re-scheduled and things have changed a bit.
    The WTMJ dude seemed to think that a potentially very tough schedule (AFC West and NFC East ) next year would make make very difficult for the Pack to make the playoffs,and that Favre may not have the stomach to take on that challenge.

He said March 3 would be a significant date , exactly why I dont know ,but thats what he said.

Personally I think he has one more season.

• Advertisement
Advertisement