Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Norn Iron v Tesco

• 02-09-2006 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

Haha They're
    3-0 down
    at home to Iceland and only 37 mins gone.

No matter how badly we get beat tonight I reckon I'm gonna have a smile on my face :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Now now!

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Pigman II wrote:
    Haha They're
    3-0 down
    at home to Iceland and only 37 mins gone.

No matter how badly we get beat tonight I reckon I'm gonna have a smile on my face :)

Northern Ireland are so sh*ite its unreal:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Norn Iron fans recently got voted best in the world. I guess that would explain why half of them are streaming out of Windsor right now with the game still on lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

....and the half that stayed are now booing them off the pitch. Inspirational!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Best in the world...:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Even funnier when you hear one of the high-up officials saying (before the game, he's either asleep or drunk now I reckon) that NI have a great chance of making Euro 2008.

At this rate, they'll be battling for second last with the might Liechtenstein!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

wait, do we hate norn iron now? crap, i was cheerin for them earlier! ****IN ICELANDIC FECKERS!!!! WHY I OUGHTA.....

/EDIT: sorry, FECKIN NORN IRON FECKERS!!! WHY I OUGHTA!!!

/me shakes fist in the air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Pity they lost i thought they had a real chance of winning yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Superdub2

the way things are going i thyink we are on our way to rivalling the nordies in their rubbishness at footy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I thought they had a genuine chance of winning as well, they were pretty impressive in their recent games, but we know better than most how useful friendly performances are.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Great to see it. Horrible, horrible bunch of fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I'd still support them, am I missing something obvious here, were we should all be disliking them.

They've been very impressive recently.

zabbo wrote:
    I'd still support them, am I missing something obvious here, were we should all be disliking them.
    Go to Windsor park for their next home game, you'll love it. Lovely bunch of people. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Its weird how the bookies had northern Ireland favourites for this one when Iceland have such good players like gudjohnson or Hreiderson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

So have any of you actually been to Windsor recently or just basing it on events that happened years ago. Sure every crowd will have its morons but the guys up there have made a big anti sectarian effort and it seems to have paid off.

gustavo wrote:
    So have any of you actually been to Windsor recently or just basing it on events that happened years ago. Sure every crowd will have its morons but the guys up there have made a big anti sectarian effort and it seems to have paid off.
    Exactly, they seem to have a well organised supports club now. Doesn't really matter I suppose, Guess I'll just to hate them for something that happened 12 years ago, thats progressive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

zabbo wrote:
    Exactly, they seem to have a well organised supports club now. Doesn't really matter I suppose, Guess I'll just to hate them for something that happened 12 years ago, thats progressive

Or August 2002, when Lennon was forced to retire.

• Advertisement

zabbo wrote:
    I'm sorry but I was at the game in Windsor that night with my Dad and I was only 9 at the time. I've never had to put up with so much abuse in my life, and it was fully grown men shouting it at myself and my Dad. I don't see why I should be "progressive", people like the people we encountered that night never change.

Didn't know there was such a huge dislike for the Nordies. It's more their fans right ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

That and the fact that it is an illegitimate state. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

This is hilarious, Republic fans calling Northern Ireland ****e? Kettle, black?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

A huge amount of the sectariasism in Northern Irish football has been removed(one of the main reasons for them winning that fans thing) and there are still people working hard to try and eradicate it altogether .

Northern Ireland represents a part of this island on which we live , which is good enough reason for me to wish them well .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

A Celtic goalkeeper is captain of their U21s so the fans must be moving on. :)

Advertisement