Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emulators sub-forum gone under the games?

Options
  • 02-09-2006 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where the Emulators section is gone? There was a nice section for boarders. I know there are dedicated ones out there but just wondering if ours is gone? It used to be under Consoles.

Actually, if anyone is up to it - how about a quick hi-score blast at any of the following for the Commodore 64 emulator? I'm using Winvice save snaps here so all you need to do is load "snapshot". Any good ex Dropzone or Ghost'n Goblins players here?
    Try and beat these and let me know how you get on. Especially Dropzone... it can be really tough on me and my usb joystick - I get hammered around level 14 to 16. In Ghost'n Goblins... I never get beyond the four world.
    Suggest a few you like, ie Delta ? Strangely enough Arkanoid doesn't have a highscore table for long term scores.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I think its merged in with Arcade/Retro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Thanks Ruu - Mods you can move it there if you feel it's more appropriate.

Ruu - I see your into all things Retro... would you fancy a hi-score compo on Lemon compo forum - or maybe you heard about it? I didnt really notice it until now... and I got in Dropzone a bit (remember that? :) Its more fun seeing average folk play together rather than aiming to equal 100 million points. Fun too. Seem like they put it all into a spreadsheet too.

http://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20815&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ack me post lost. :) Anyway I would only that I can't remember any of the C64 games anymore. :( I used to play this excellent snooker one (it was feckin' brilliant!) and then my tape deck broke. I must try again and see if I can find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,683 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Maybe Arcade/Retro/Emu is a better title?

or maybe Emulators would impy Retro, while retro wouldn't necessarily imply emulators

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

^
    |
    \.More like ASTROCOOL!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭Trode

astrofool wrote:
    Maybe Arcade/Retro/Emu is a better title?

or maybe Emulators would impy Retro, while retro wouldn't necessarily imply emulators
    Close enough. The idea with the name change was to encourage the discussion more towards the games than the things they're played on, as there's probably more scope and interest there. A Retro forum clearly includes emulation, whereas an Emulators forum doesn't necessairly include games, or even people who still play on their NESes or Saturns. etc.

Advertisement