Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Auction

• 02-09-2006 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me if car auctions have to declare on the window report whether the car has been crashed / repaired etc. Are they accountable if the information is false or is it just the policy of sold as seen.

I was thinking of picking up a pre reg 06 at auction is there anything else I should look out for or is the man fact warranty
    enought of a safety net.

I also notice now with one big place in ashbourne you cant get actually bid in and around the car so my question is how do you hear how the car runs ?

Sorry for being such a newbie?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

I also notice now with one big place in ashbourne you cant get actually bid in and around the car so my question is how do you hear how the car runs ?

Not sure on your main question, but if you are referring to Merlin in ashbourne then you can (or could) bid from the floor where they bring the cars through. Also if you pick out the cars you are interested in and wait near them ourside you will be able to see them being started from cold while bidding is going on on other cars ourside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭bananarepublic

Yeah I was talking about Merlin . I havent been there plan to go a few times to get familiar before buying . I thought in merlin you had to bid from that kind of hall with the car in behind the glass.

My main question is that I dont want to buy a crash repair.

Also do the big ex rental car companies send there 2006 car through now through auction . How long will a dealer hold on to a car before sending it to auction etc.

Thanks Again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Why don't you contact some of the car hire companies? They're all selling at the moment, I bought 3 cars myself last week. They mightn't sell to you though as your not in the motor trade. As regards buying at auction, you'd want to bring someone who knows a bit about cars along with you if you don't know what your looking for. When you see the treatment some hire cars get you'd want to be very careful but on the other hand there is some very good value there too.

Advertisement