Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

BluRay Regions

• 02-09-2006 4:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭

Once again we have been shafted by the powers-that-be. The association that decided the Regions for BluRay has shafted us europeans.

Region 1: North America, South America, East Asia except for China (India, Japan, Korea, Thailand, Malaysia etc.)
    Region 2: Europe and Africa
    Region 3: China, Russia and other countries

Japan and East Asia share the same region as the US, but the UK and Ireland are left in the same region as the rest of Europe.

Ah well, once again I will have to de-region my player, or perhaps the UK and Irish governments (or even the EU) will just declare Region Coding illegal and require the manufacturers to sell them region-free.

Sorry if this was posted before, but BTSearch doesnt seem to work for me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Ya I read somewhere that region encoding is actually illegal and goes against free trade rules only problem is nobody has the balls/money to challege it in court.

Advertisement