Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Plasma emiting buzzing sound

• 02-09-2006 5:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭

My 50" Samsung makes this pretty loud buzzing sound. As far as I can tell its coming from the power unit not from the speakers. Happens when the sound is all the way down. It changes pitch as the picture changes on the screen.

Is there anything I can do about it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Is this the Q7 model? I was thinking of getting this one myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

Kali posted this (deleted due to server problem)
    See if you can borrow a small UPS off someone... plug your plasma into that and see if it's still noticeable. Could very well be a grounding issue or a poor circuit that it's plugged into causing the issues.

Yep, the PS50Q7H. I was searching about and the problem seems pretty widespread. I'll let you know if using a different socket does anything - I don't think I'll be able to get hold of a UPS.

The TV came with 2 solonoids - don't know if this is the correct name - metal things that you see clipped around alot of cables to stop interfearance. Would putting these on any of the cable have any effect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Kali posted this (deleted due to server problem)
    See if you can borrow a small UPS off someone... plug your plasma into that and see if it's still noticeable. Could very well be a grounding issue or a poor circuit that it's plugged into causing the issues.

Yep, the PS50Q7H. I was searching about and the problem seems pretty widespread. I'll let you know if using a different socket does anything - I don't think I'll be able to get hold of a UPS.

The TV came with 2 solonoids - don't know if this is the correct name - metal things that you see clipped around alot of cables to stop interfearance. Would putting these on any of the cable have any effect?

Only one way to find out.. disconnect every cable, and reconnect one at a time, if the buzzing appears at any point you've found your problem, could very well be an RF cable if directly connected causing the problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

Buzzing is there when only the power cable is attached.

Ah well, I'll just jack up the volume!

Advertisement