Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ulster bank atm card abroad

Options
  • 02-09-2006 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

What a ****ing joke ulster bank is i opened a account with them as i was going abrad and now i frind out that u cant use there atm card to withdraw money in canada or the usa, any one else have the same problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

No cirrus logo or anything on it? I think you get an option when signing up for an account to add cirrus to your card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

http://www.ulsterbank.ie/ri_01.asp?id=PERSONAL/CURRENT_ACCOUNTS

"Get easy access to your money 24 hours a day from our large network of cash machines across Ireland and the United Kingdom. You can do your banking through your local branch, by phone or online, whichever suits you".

Still I would call them and ask

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Erm, I've used my Ulsterbank ATM card in Canada, US, UK and all over Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I was told by UB that you need their Laser card to use it abroad, as this has the Circus and other logos on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭mel123

My bro used to use his in Oz and i think Thailand too, but to be honest, he got charged to bloody much it was a joke and he stopped using it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Is it a laser card or an ordinary cash card? If it's laser and has a Cirrus logo on the back you should be able to use it - I've used mine all across Europe with no probs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Cashcard/Dualcard... no chance... you have to have a CURRENT account... then you will be able to get a laser/service card that has Cirrus on it... If you do not have a current account (the ones you can get cheque books on that you do not get interest etc) then you would never have even had the option...

I assume you just went in and opened an account assuming everything... never assume... had you asked could you use your ATM card in the US they would have said yay or nay and told you what you need.
    I have used mine in the US.. once i had a current account with laser.. before that i could not.. simple.

Advertisement