Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fight Night on PS3

• 02-09-2006 5:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭

This popped up as a surprise launch title announcement last week, and EA have shown it off to IGN since. Fight Night on 360 looked really great, but EA seems to have gone further with this version. Have a gander:

ea-sports-fight-night-round-3-20060901065538374.jpg

ea-sports-fight-night-round-3-20060901065536140.jpg

Asides from the improved visuals, they're actually looking to add to the gameplay too. There's a new first person gameplay mode that aims to provide a very immersive experience of boxing:
    This is a completely new experience that allows players to fight through the eyes of the boxer from the moment they enter the ring until someone gets KO'd. This is the closest a gamer will ever come to getting into the ring and trading blows with the likes of Muhammad Ali, Oscar De La Hoya and the other greats. What makes it so powerful and exciting is that the experience changes as the boxer's health deteriorates. We've captured the sensation and feel of taking punches by implementing a number of different effects such as ear ringing, simulated loss of hearing, and restricted vision that mimics the effects of eye swelling and damage as well as flashes of bright light, color shifts and blur to give players that sense and feeling of getting punched.

They're also going to make use of the PS3 controller's motion sensitivity. Thinking about it, that could be really brilliant for dodging, particularly in first person.

More screenshots here http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748455/imgs_1.html

And the interview http://ps3.ign.com/articles/730/730101p1.html

Didn't think I'd be anticipating what is effectively a port, especially since I've played the 360 version quite a bit, but this one looks a little special :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭eezarthegreat

I'm playing the 360 version at the mo....looks the same...

AH!! I see...more SHINE...well done sony :x

Cheers for the screenshots due :)

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Me thinks they used actual images for the background:eek:

Looks really nice, but are they real-time? im too lazy to read the article.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

conzymaher wrote:
    Me thinks they used actual images for the background:eek:
    Looks like out of focus 3d backgrounds to me
    conzymaher wrote:
    Looks really nice, but are they real-time? im too lazy to read the article.
    See no reason to believe they are not real time, the Xbox360 version looked similar quality and you could make it look much better if you wanted to do them prerendered.

Advertisement