Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QOS Router

Options
  • 02-09-2006 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Just a little over my head at the moment reguards this. I'm looking for a router to service 20 or so computers. I'm not too sure if it's a router with QOS i'm looking for. I need it to balance the net connection to the 20 computers, so that if someones downloading a crap load of files, and someone is just browsing that the preference is given to the browsing person or using a messaging program, game etc.. but only what's required and not a large chunk it doesn't need.

Any advice is aprechiated.
    Thanks,
    Rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Any low-end Juniper/Netscreen or Cisco router will do this... easy on the Netscreen via the web interface, Cisco make it a bit harder with prioritizing via class-maps.

Advertisement