Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hogan is such a bolix

• 02-09-2006 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

As a kid I was always such a big Hogan fan but as i got older realised he wasnt quite the hero I believed him to be. But I've just finished reading his book, and I know there are Hogan fans out there but he is nothing short of an egotistical, arrogant, self-obsessed prick and he more than proves this within the covers of the book. He praises the Rock for his great effort in their classic match but in a very subtle way takes more credit for it than was due to him. So many times I wanted to throw the book in the toilet but my curiosity for just how self-obsessed Hogan is kept me reading. He basically thinks he's the ****, the be all and end all, the sole reason Vince McMahon is where he is today. What really sickened me was when he said that whenever he and Bret Hart had a fight, Owen would side with Hogan. That must cut Bret deep and Hogan is suck a fuking prick.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I'm have been a Hogan fan, wouldn't even touch the book though. :) I believe he has been like that for a while, gets far too much his way that he has come to expect it. Him and his Hogan Grill.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Hogan is the anti christ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

He does have a very high opinion of himself, but he wouldn't have written his book word for word though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I think the book was pretty heavily ghost written. Hogan is a clever enough chap, and he probably abuses his popularity too much. Never was his biggest fan.

Would love to see him face off against Ric Flair though (with flair coming out on top). I know we've had this match before, but, this match appeals a lot more than Hogan / Austin ever would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ I disagree. Maybe 5 years ago Hogan Flair would have been a big draw, but given the two of them are not exactly in good shape, the latter especially, I dont think may would want to see this.

Hogan Austin on the other hand would sell out the 60000 seats of Wrestlemania alone. Truly Icon Vs Icon. Both the top man, Hogan in the 80s and early 90s, Austin the late 90s during the Monday Night Wars.

The only problem is who would get the win? Neither man would want to lose this as they would feel it would tarnish their legacy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

gimmick wrote:
    ^ I disagree. Maybe 5 years ago Hogan Flair would have been a big draw, but given the two of them are not exactly in good shape, the latter especially, I dont think may would want to see this.

Hogan Austin on the other hand would sell out the 60000 seats of Wrestlemania alone. Truly Icon Vs Icon. Both the top man, Hogan in the 80s and early 90s, Austin the late 90s during the Monday Night Wars.

The only problem is who would get the win? Neither man would want to lose this as they would feel it would tarnish their legacy.

Sorry, I meant appeals to me a lot more!

I know .. Austin Hogan would sell a lot more, but the truth is, I'd have zero interest in such a match. Probably doesn't make sense, but such a match doesn't feel right to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Could have done without seeing that actually :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

although hogan was and still is a great entertainer he has always been known to be a prick backstage,whether it be refusing to lose to someone or getting involved in arguments with others in the roster....
    I will check out his book after ive gotten through kurts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Hogan is the man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

i was never a hulkamaniac. i am not surprised to hear this about hulk, i mean come on you have to be a real (blank) to do and to get as far as hulk did. who among us would not turn out like him after years of fans worshiping you, one would start to believe that (blank) and start acting like a god.
    hogan in a match, christ, was it HHH taht said (could be someone else) if hogan is told he will lose a match he gets a pain in his knee or back, just out of the blue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I'd actually like to see a feud between HHH and Hogan. Just to see who would win. Even the promos would be good if they were let shoot on each other a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Stalfos wrote:
    I'd actually like to see a feud between HHH and Hogan. Just to see who would win. Even the promos would be good if they were let shoot on each other a bit.

It's been done before. Hogan took the Undisputed title off of HHH at Backlash in '02. I don't see why they should face off again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I never liked the guy I cheered for warrior at WM6 and felt he should have got a rematch at WM7 instead of Hogan He's his own biggest fan and uses the WWE to pplug himself and his crap reallity tv show, not to mention his daughters singing carrer.

I wish he'd just quit and stay out of our lives.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 199 ✭✭fun bus

have to say, i was a big hulk fan as a kid. would def like to read the autobiography though...may change my mind! anyone read mick foleys first book? now theres a legend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

It's been done before. Hogan took the Undisputed title off of HHH at Backlash in '02. I don't see why they should face off again.

That feud had more to do with the Undisputed title then it being a proper Hogan vs HHH feud if i remember correctly. Besides Undertaker came down and interfered with that match giving Hogan the win so doesn't really count imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Well yeah the last time it was a face v face feud. I would n't want to see the match but I'd pay to see the politiking backstage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 rick flair

Hogan was the WWF , was the WWE and is the reason why every little and big kid ended up watching wrestling in the states and the sole reason for its success.

He was an American , a fighter , took his vitamins and said his prayers and rose to the national anthem. A true superhero even against the most testing opponents, even though his matches all had that predictable legdrop ending and his tag match with mean gene was a joke.

When the chips are down who do they call on ? They have been trying to get someone to replace hulk but his presence proves he is irreplaceable and a true legend Brother !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭NeiloMac

gimmick wrote:

Austin has said he will never work with hogan, cos of the prick he was in WCW always holding down the younger guys cos he wanted the air time, So that match will never happen,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

NeiloMac wrote:
    So that match will never happen,

This is wrestling. Never say never.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

rick flair wrote:
    Hogan was the WWF , was the WWE and is the reason why every little and big kid ended up watching wrestling in the states and the sole reason for its success.

He was an American , a fighter , took his vitamins and said his prayers and rose to the national anthem. A true superhero even against the most testing opponents, even though his matches all had that predictable legdrop ending and his tag match with mean gene was a joke.

When the chips are down who do they call on ? They have been trying to get someone to replace hulk but his presence proves he is irreplaceable and a true legend Brother !

Gotta disagree you. For a certain generation of people, yes Hogan is why they started watchin wrestling but not for myself or any of my friends. Austin got as many people into wrestling as Hogan did an while Hogan may have brought wrestling into the maintsream, Austin was the one who kept it there, they were both vital to the industry.

If it wasn't for Austin the WWF may well have folded as they were doing very bad business around 97 and its not safe to say that WCW would have carried the industry torch becasue as time told, that company was in a big mess.

Also, in relation to them keep on calling on Hogan, its not like it takes mcuh to get him back out of "retirement". I think they would call on Austin before they call on Hulk if they knew he would do shows for them but he just isnt interested in wrestling at the present and likely in the future aswel, with the way his body is.

Advertisement