Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Back Into Skating

Options
  • 02-09-2006 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

With all these new parks going up, it seems like a good time to get back on the board again. But it's better when you know what's going on with the scene.So although it might be kinda gayish to ask, but are there any skaters around the North Wicklow area anymore? Where are the spots these days? What's the deal with the Greystones skatepark?And is there a decent dedicated online forum for Irish skating?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fisheye

http://g1skatesupply.net/phpBB2/index.php is an ok forum, but goes through fits and starts of activity.

There are skaters everywhere - it's been years since the Wicklow Skate Squad was thankfully put to rest. Just get out for a roll - Bray banks down on the seafront recently got a resurfacing and get a session every few days. Get into town and check out spots around the IFSC (north and south of the river), Portobello and the like - ask in G1 about spots and parks, like Ramp City (not a fan myself) and the soon to be opened Bushy Park and Lucan facilities. Like any activity, the more you get out and about and mingle and skate, the easier you'll find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭flutes

you can have ride on this if your into ramps,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

lol.. Whats wrong with ramp city.. Like I knew it wasnt popular.. I just dont know why? I think its grand!

And that mini-ramp looks soo nice :D

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭h-street23

Yikes where's that ramp? It looks really cool.Kinda Laid-back in the greenery and whathaveyou.

north wicklow!

pm me for details!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Recently got back on me board also.Ollies are still a problem area for me,but just cruzing around a skatepark is fun.Used too bomb hills back in the day all summer long!!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭h-street23

Here's to wobbly legs and ankle related fears of flip tricks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 oldskool

Cool ramp Flutes:D What 's the dimensions of that little beauty?

eh....let me remembr its 20wide 6 high 12 flat, an 8ft deck 1 side four on the other,

Klass ramp Flutes,probably the best in the country.Twelve feet of flat is a lot for skateboard use,do ye ride bmx on it aswell?

• Advertisement

h-street23 wrote:
    Here's to wobbly legs and ankle related fears of flip tricks!

Good one LVOL:D

skate and bmx, no one has had any problems with the flat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭asto

Howya, any chance i could get out for a ride on that with a few friends? Do you let rollers on it(Roller bladers) I would love to skate that! It looks like a savage ramp and the dimensions are perfect!

Advertisement