Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

name change

Options
  • 02-09-2006 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

can i change my name ,as you can see i messed up when registering and now display my oun name instead of my chosen "greenman" name .or can i unregister & reregister .:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

There's already a "Greenman" registered. Obviously for those who love unix there's a distinct difference between that and "greenman" but I suspect, given that the boards.ie user-provided webspace converts all user-names to lower-case that such a change wouldn't be on the cards, leaving aside any other possible confusion possibilities, though I'm entirely correctable there.

As for the change in principle, normally such changes are limited to subscribers and there's the short answer but it'd be up to the admins as to whether they'd facilitate such a change or not given that you've registered a name in error. I can't give you a definitive answer in this case so I'll leave it up to them to say whether they're willing to help you out here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 falcon 8

Thanks for reply,
    But please can i name change ,it does'nt have to be "greenman" as its already used ,it can be "falcon 8" or anything else,please!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I see one of the gods of Olympus has sorted you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 falcon 8

Cheers thanks for allowing new name .:cool: :D:D

Advertisement