Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Room Size Required for a Pool Table

• 02-09-2006 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

I am moving house and would love to get a full sized pool table. Does anyone know what the min room size that would be required to hold such a thing. I just wanna know what kind of space around the table I need for the pool cues to play comfortable?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Humm Im assuming there was some posts deleted in the overnight backup as I posted a reply to this yesterday.

A full size pool table is on average 7*4(externally) the cues are 5ft long so to have maximum cueing didtance around the table a room of 17 * 14 is perfect.

Now this is not the minimum required as you can play certain shots with a special 4ft cue or a 3/4 removable butt if you have one, then allowing for the fact that most pool shots are not played off the cushion, unlike in snooker where it happens considerably more. You could get away technically with a 15*12 room.

If this still is more than the space you have available a slate bedded 6ft table would be the next reccomendation.

Taken from the riley website:
    Table Size                   7 foot               6 foot
    Ext Measurement	       6' 11" x 3' 11"	        5' 10 x 3' 7" 	 
    Minimum Room Size 	  	  	 
    Using 57" Pool Cue 	15' 9" x 12' 9" 	15' x 12' 6" 	 
    Using 48" Pool Cue 	14' 3" x 11' 3"  	13' 6" x 11'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭bananarepublic

thats great , thats exactly what I was after. thanks again

Advertisement